Speed limits - FL

I grew in places like this, but after 20 years in NE, lost touch with my upbringings😂

1 Like

Dallas North Tollway it’s a drag strip - three lanes and people will be doing triple digits. It’s mad

1 Like

Dang…. That’s rough

Ahh yes, favorite state and I think FL and TX give each other a run for their money. When we were road tripping last year we hit a stretch in TX where the posted limit was 85. Sure makes time fly when you can set your cruise on triple digits.

2 Likes

I’m routinely passed on south FL highways by minivans , trucks, cars with loose bumpers taped on, you name it. Par for the course here. I have noticed less enforcement on the highways but I also don’t drive as much as I use to.

I’m not driving slowly either. 90 in my G80 M3 and I’ll get people flashing at me lol

Forgot to mention everyone is doing this while texting

3 Likes

Don’t spill our secret please…. :joy:

Sounds like heaven to me.

6 Likes

Driving Biff Tannen GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

1 Like

quickest way to get in an accident on the highway is to drive even 1 mph below the speed limit.

1 Like

I wish I could remember all the details but a prior boss was driving from FL to NJ and got a speed ticket in either VA or one of the Carolinas. He tossed it in a bag and figured he’d pay the ticket later. He goes to pay it and finds out that his ticket had a mandatory court appearance and the court date was in 2 days. He ended up having to hire an attorney to appear for him and it cost him about $2,000 for the attorney and the fines.

FL TX and AZ… If you’re not doing at least 10 over, you are the problem.

2 Likes

Happened to me in Md. I didn’t show bc I didn’t know I had to. Then 8 years later a cop stopped me for a BS stop sign violation in ocmd. Cuffed me, brought me to the station and demanded like $500 cash to pay some fine. I offered my credit card and they said cash only and the cop literally drove me to the Wawa to hit an atm…very shady stuff and I would have fought it but it was a family vacation and I was already missing for about 5 hours during the entire ordeal.

They dont mess around in the south.

You don’t spend enough time on the Garden State Parkway, NJ Turnpike, or Beltway in Maryland. Can’t remember the last time I wasn’t going 20+ over on the Turnpike and Beltway in Montgomery County by Silver Spring is just plain fun to drive fast on

4 Likes

Every time I drive in NJ I still no more than 10 over and I don’t see as many cars passing me by as I saw in FL. Was a bit of a shocker. May be I’m on Turnpike at the wrong time?:joy:

3 Likes

Car only lanes by the exit for 195 are a free for all. I usually go 90+ when I’m there :joy:. Granted that’s the middle of the day but many cars go the same speed I do. Parkway left lane is typically 80+ unless you’re in the vicinity of mile markers 130-145. Hard to go over 75 there

1 Like

Turnpike i drive 20 over usually :joy:

1 Like

They will pull you over for speeding on Alligator Alley between Ft Lauderdale and Naples. And the fastest Florida drivers don’t always drive and pass in the left lane. Also seems like there is a rollover accident everyday on I-95 around Miami.

1 Like

Heading to South FL tomorrow, I need to adjust my NY mindset where all the speed limits are 55 so I don’t get trampled in Florida going a slow 75.

2 Likes

Arkansas has been wild - left lanes are usually upper 90s/triple digits, for no other reason but simply because they’ve put 5x5 freeways out here with barely enough people to utilize them. Coming from NJ/PA, it’s nice to finally have some space. :slight_smile:

Past early morning Mears rides to the land of the mouse have been downright terrifying - I recall never wanting to ride in one of those taxis ever again after a single experience.

3 Likes

People do 80+ on 696. You’ll get passed going 90 still lol.

1 Like