Sold to GiveMeTheVin.com (aka GMTV): Reviews

Had a very pleasant interaction with GMTV. Their policy is to beat Carmax offers or pay $100. They couldn’t beat the offer after I sent a picture of the in person offer from Carmax. They said they would send me $100 as is company policy. I figured yeah yeah I’m never seeing that check. Well a check for $100 just came in the mail. Way to hold up their end of the deal!

10 Likes

they still owe me 3 of those $100 checks.

7 Likes

Poor experience with Garret (TN dealer) at GMTV. Initially he was extremely responsive, answering all my emails within minutes. His initial offer on our Tucson was low, but I ended up getting him to raise his offer by $2k after showing other offers we received, with planned pickup from our house. We sent all the license/registration/etc information he asked for to him Friday morning, at which point he completely ghosted us despite us sending multiple follow-up emails since then asking for an update. Would not recommend.

I signed the paper work to sell them my car and scheduled pick up for tomorrow. Today, when I went to move the car, the check engine light came on. Has this happened to any one? Will GMV refuse to pick it up?

GMTV always scans OBD port before acceptance. So it depends on what the code is.

1 Like

I’m getting P0303 and P0306 (cylinder 3 & 6 misfire). Any idea if they will take with those?

Absolutely not

4 Likes

LOL god bless man.

6 Likes

Mashallah habibi

2 Likes

They didn’t scan the car I just sold them. The driver couldn’t even drive it up on the trailer because it was a manual.

2 Likes

Bad gas? Has it been sitting for a while? Clear the codes, get fresh gas, and go drive 50 miles on the freeway. Hopefully it stays clear

1 Like

Any even naughtier trick would be to just disconnect the battery

Just put some black electrical tape over the warning lights. :grinning:

3 Likes

Third party transporter picked it up this morning. Didn’t scan anything, just completed a report while on the phone with GMTV. Just waiting on them to confirm the check is active. For others that had third party pick up, how long did this take?

Inspection period is 24-48 hours after pickup. Check is active shortly after that.

1 Like

In my case the same day literally 2 hours.

Check engine light still on? Chances are the flat bed guy will see you again.

The driver went through the inspection on the phone with GMTV, which included discussing the lights. GMTV activated the check. Contact said the car is sold as is with no reps or warranties. I do not see how the can legally unwind it at this point. Have you heard of them trying to?

You’ll be fine. They won’t say anything or unwind

What car was this? Apologies if I missed it.