Sold to GiveMeTheVin.com (aka GMTV): Reviews

Never had any issues with GMTV checks. I believe they all have language saying they’re activated 24-48 hours after pickup/drop-off. Something like that and they’re valid wherever you’d like to deposit them.

Sold to them few times. Check is activated once the vehicle is picked up/dropped off and docs are Fedexed back. Smooth and easy transaction each and every time.

2 Likes

Are they super thorough with any inspections and try to Nickle/dime, or are they typically good for their word? I’ve heard fair-great experiences with them in general, just a bit hesitant with their overall process.

Interesting… I only asked because on their website it says:

" Can I cash my check from GMTV?
YES. Our checks are cashable at your nearest Bank of America location."

I do not bank of BOA and the nearest location is 2+ I believe… :rofl:

You can cash it at your own bank. Doesn’t need to be BofA.

2 Likes

If you truly want to cash it and not deposit it, that would depend on your own financial institutions rules regarding cashing checks from other banks. With the current fraud environment all banks are facing, I doubt many would cash it on the spot.

I understand a bank’s hesitancy, especially towards an unknown customer. I should have clarified that I would deposit the check - I wouldn’t need/want cash. Then you would obviously be subject to the bank’s holding policy. I just wanted to confirm that I would be able to deposit the check at one of my banks and not have to drive hours lol. I found it odd that they had specified Bank of America…

I assume any of the Mannheim lots are their “drop” locations?

Yes and they’ll usually find another $500 in the deal if you drop for them vs having it picked up

4 Likes

My bank and the bank used by GMTV are both BOA. I did wait 48 hours before depositing, after given notification of activation. GMTV showed me proof that BOA withdrew funds from their account after 2 days. So essentially the funds went missing for 5 days. This has happened with all three checks I have received from them and the reason by BOA is always the same: “specific information indicates item may be returned”

I have never had this problem with check deposits from others buyers, such as Rodo, or various franchise dealers. Of course Carvana, Carguru (etc) use electronic payments. The check did clear today, and they always have, but the delay sucks. It’s my only complaint.

2 Likes

If you bank with BofA, you need to wait 24 hours and can deposit any way you want. Otherwise, you can deposit a couple of hours after the check activation.

I have BOA as well & they told me if i didn’t bank with BOA deposit in 3 hours, if I did, deposit in 24. I waited 25ish and deposited and it posted shortly thereafter

I sold to WCC but GMTV is on the paperwork as the buyer

3 Likes

I had to drop the TRX to an auction in Mass. I had the check when I dropped it off but it wasn’t activated until it was inspected at the auction (the next day). I deposited it into my local credit union branch, and their policy is a 6-day hold on any check over $5k

I assume you have to drop off during auction operating hours? Most locations are not open on the weekend.

I dropped mine off at ADESA in Acton MA during regular business hours. I do not recall if there was an option for nights/weekends

Anyone know how many miles you can drive after submitting the initial details to gmtv? Most online places do no more than 100-200 added since the offer, but I couldn’t find an explicit policy for gmtv.

500 million miles

2 Likes

Ah good thing I’ve only added 100 million miles. Should get top $$ at auction block.

I was told 500 by the :goat: himself sterling man that guy was an asshole
Sold 3x to him

3 Likes

Yeah I heard 500 as well. Once you sign they’re usually pretty quick about getting it picked up or scheduling a drop off so there’s not a ton of time to rack up miles.