Sold to GiveMeTheVin.com (aka GMTV): Reviews

My experience as well. Carmax has rolled out the new online offer and option to pick up from home. What they offer after you upload the photos is what you get, but GMTV asked me to get a physical copy to match. I just told them to suck it and sold to Carmax the next day.

What’d they pay for your pro and how recent?

$94K and 5 weeks ago.

Probably could have held out or found another broker for a bit more but I wanted out.

1 Like

Just dropped my ‘23 Bronco off @ auction. My 2nd time selling to GMTV. Smooth as glass.

Now I’ve just got to get my TRX in KZX status and it’s off to :crown:Koons :crown:

6 Likes

Most of the offers are way off what local dealers are offering.almost by 5k.

2017 audi q7 prestige… getting like 22k offers on carvana gmtv,autotrader.
Local dealer offering 30k with no car buy which is what i am planning on going with.
Kbb has 27_ 28k dealer and 32 -33k private party

Why are the online sites so low?

Great experience selling the Outback to GMTV.

Started talking to them in March (in hindsight too early): MMR $36k GMTV negotiated to $35k everyone else $32-33k

Finally dropped it off today: MMR dropped slightly ($35.8k?) GMTV offered $34k but agreed to $34.5k if I dropped today.

I had negative equity: they accept check or CC, they also add 2% to CC charges to cover fees. Accepted offer and made a drop-off appointment, paid negative, dropped it and was done in 15 minutes. They even offered to cover my Uber (I declined).

A swell America-built wagon is off to its new home. Thanks GMTV!

10 Likes

Tell us more lol
You did hate that Outback that much :rofl:

1 Like

When I have all the numbers I’ll updated the original signed post. I should get a prorated refund for Gold Warranty and possibly 2/3 of Starlink.

I rolled taxes and tags in, the negative I paid GMTV was less than half of that, may end up closer to 0…

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just despised driving it. It served its purpose, the next owner will benefit from secret tint everywhere and all the software updates are done.

1 Like

You obviously didn’t remember my post about test driving a 6 cyl Outback a few years ago :point_up:

I like that H6 better, but with the 5AT vs CVT. That transmission…

Dave Ramsey No GIF by Ramsey Solutions

1 Like

That still sucked. I got out and forgot what I was driving 2 seconds later

1 Like

It is, as you say, a city bus

I remember you getting this one, last year (?). :grin: I’ve never driven one myself but I know they have quite the cult following. My assumption is that it is an appliance vehicle. I’ll be curious to see what the replacement is!

1 Like

Had a very pleasant interaction with GMTV. Their policy is to beat Carmax offers or pay $100. They couldn’t beat the offer after I sent a picture of the in person offer from Carmax. They said they would send me $100 as is company policy. I figured yeah yeah I’m never seeing that check. Well a check for $100 just came in the mail. Way to hold up their end of the deal!

10 Likes

they still owe me 3 of those $100 checks.

7 Likes

Poor experience with Garret (TN dealer) at GMTV. Initially he was extremely responsive, answering all my emails within minutes. His initial offer on our Tucson was low, but I ended up getting him to raise his offer by $2k after showing other offers we received, with planned pickup from our house. We sent all the license/registration/etc information he asked for to him Friday morning, at which point he completely ghosted us despite us sending multiple follow-up emails since then asking for an update. Would not recommend.

I signed the paper work to sell them my car and scheduled pick up for tomorrow. Today, when I went to move the car, the check engine light came on. Has this happened to any one? Will GMV refuse to pick it up?

GMTV always scans OBD port before acceptance. So it depends on what the code is.

1 Like

I’m getting P0303 and P0306 (cylinder 3 & 6 misfire). Any idea if they will take with those?

Absolutely not

4 Likes