Sold to CarBuyerUSA

Received a 66k offer on my 65k sticker Rubicon 4XE. After inspection they dropped to 63k but still better than the highest 62k offer. Sent all documents in today. Will updated when paid and picked up.

3 Likes

I received $54,350 for my Sahara 4xE of MSRP $58,000 but reduced it to $52,000 later.

However, when I asked the rep if the price will vary much he said unless otherwise something really wrong, it is a solid offer and won’t change.

They inspected and some else from finance called and reduced the offer to $52,000 sighting the soft top. The premium soft top was in the sticker and I shared it with them already and there is no surprise. Anyway, rejected and traded it in locally. Don’t want any other surprises along the way.

1 Like

you should say ‘I received an offer for XXX which got reduced’.

The way you wrote it I thought you sold to CarBuyer then poof you didn’t at the end.

1 Like

Carbuyerusa is a waste of time. You can give them a showroom new inspection report and they will still lower their offer most of the time. Thats their biz model.

1 Like

That is exactly right; the appraiser complemented and said it was one of the best he inspected; the reason the finance person gave for the reduction is the soft-top ( which is not a secret from the beginning, I don’t think they need an inspection for that ).

1 Like

Same experience here. Carbuyer USA gave an “up to 54,819” offer. Flawless inspection, the person started the phone conversation afterwards with “well we have some things going against us” and he cited the soft top (fully disclosed in the online appraisal) and seasonality of Jeeps, and dropped the offer to 50k. I told him thanks but no thanks, then wanted to know if he was competitive and what my best offer was, when I rattled off 4 or 5 that were higher he thanked me for the opportunity. In the end it wasn’t a huge waste of time, but I won’t try them in the future.

2 Likes

I can’t even get anyone on the phone period.

2 Likes

Not even worth it…there “up to” offer isn’t real. As many others have stated they play games with oh you have hard too thought you had “ sky one touch”. Everyone through the process were easy to work with but the offers aren’t real.

1 Like

Has anyone ever received a post-inspection quote that matched the pre-inspection initial offer from CarBuyer? I had a literally brand new 2021 Chevy Blazer (only miles ever put on it were driving it from the dealer’s lot to a storage lot and then to my house so they could come inspect it…45 miles on the odo) and they still reduced my offer by $1,100. You could probably buy a fully loaded, every single option checked version of a car with 5 miles on the odo and still parked at the dealer, and they would still ding it and decrease their offer.

no. they’re a bait and switch.

1 Like

If enough people deny them business after they pay for an inspection, you’d think they would eventually need to change their model. I guess they make enough sales to offset the people going “Go F yourself!” after getting bait and switched post-inspection.

Despite them lowering their offer, I still sold to them as they were still $1,600 more than any local dealer. I felt dirty, but the $1,600 helped ease those feelings.

3 Likes

My guess is most people just fall for it and want to be done with it. I went off on them since my truck was pristine and the inspector found zero issues. They upped the offer to almost 500 less than original offer but i told them to f off. Idiot inspector pos honda civic leaked oil all over my brand new driveway when i live in a corner house with a dead end street next to my driveway to easily park in the street. Smdh.

I actually just sold to them. Offer was exactly what Carmax and another dealer offered. I was down the road with them when they played the hardtop vs SOT top game. But even after lowering they were still on par. Process was smooth money is in account Jeep just left a hour ago.

I’ve sold a Tesla do them bait and switch from original quote but negotiated up to higher then what they’re quoting now and higher then anyone else was offering.

Other then bait & switch BS they’re solid. Payoff was sent next day to my bank and the balance was wired to me same day, only after I got payed they scheduled pickup.

These guys are still wet behind their ears. Initial offer for my 21 Challenger SP was “up to $47k”, which sounded too good to be true. I emailed them multiple photos and the original window sticker, guy called and stuck to the $47k offer, pending inspection.

On the second phone call I asked him to double check this offer applies to manual transmission, as it wasn’t an option when completing the online application. He checked with the “owner” and said offer dropped to $45,500. No budging.

Give Me the Vin was the second highest at $45k, but they upped it to $46k. Pending paperwork to close the deal this week. But my credit union seems to have lost my title which is another story…

They gave me some BS excuses like like surface rust and smaller rims my offer dropped by 3k and i told them take a hike. I sold to givemethevin right after

Yeah thats their game they play.

Sleezy.
I just bought a 22 GMC Terrain Denali and drove straight home from dealership and parked it. Less than 200 miles on it. Traded in my recalled Chevy Bolt for it.
MSRP = $41k
ALGO = $37k
Carvana = $38k
Carbuyers - $41,400
Their email with this offer states a different VIN and Model than what I submitted. it was a previous vehicle I’d sold that I must have inquired of them about. I inform them, they update the VIN and Model, and state in writing that the offer of $41,400 is still applicable. So I go down the path with them. They schedule an inspection, it comes back perfect. 5.0 out of 5.0.
They just called me moments ago to say that it is a glitch and they can only offer me $38k. I explain that I already told them of the glitch and they confirmed $41,400 was still applicable. He says that’s not true, I call him a liar, and he hangs up.

Back to Carvana for me. Stay away from these shifty actors!

1 Like

Waste of $$$ on the inspection part if they gonna bait their offer after

Sounds like typical CBUSA bait and switching!