Sold one to VROOM!

Did your payoff include any sales tax? I’m dealing with vroom now with a nx300 and I can’t get a straight answer on how much I will actually get after payoff.

Looks like VROOM is still burning through cash but they’re still making profit on each unit so…

I’m curious about the Vroom experience here.

Has anyone had them do the final inspection and then reduce the value due to findings ?

My car was picked up about 2 weeks ago at 5:30 in the morning by 2 guys. They handed me the Bill of lading and left without even looking at it. My car had zero issues. It’s on their website now with a rock chip and a scratch on the hood. I took a video of my car before they took it just to cover me.

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn

Mileage: 6800

Lease buyout: $30,680

Vroom Offer: $34,617

Got out of my lease a year early and got a new car. Overall good experience and was done within 2 weeks. They offered me the highest out of the usual competition.

Mods please move to Sold One to Vroom Thread.

1 Like

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn

Mileage: 6800

Lease buyout: $30,680

Vroom Offer: $34,617

Got out of my lease a year early and got a new car. Overall good experience and was done within 2 weeks. They offered me the highest out of the usual competition.

Can Vroom change the contract after original is signed and vehicle is picked-up? Process has been smooth so far but seems as they went to payoff Ally, they got a new quote to buy and now want me to sign a new contract after they have picked-up my vehicle.

Timeline:
3-11 sale and contract signed leaving me with $150 in negative equity
3-15 week: finalized paperwork back and forth (including FedEx docs)
3-22 week: Picked-up 3/22 and sent Vroom my BOL - they asked me to re-sign new contracts but no changes so no problem; done.
3/29: Deal took too long so another lease payment goes out - no big deal will deal with getting that back as needed

3/30: Asked me to sign a new contract and now have a new stated buyout amount from Ally that, when all said and done, leaves me with $850 (difference in buyout plus the extra lease payment on 3/29) in negative equity vs the original $150 amount through March. I have multiple signed contracts for the previous amount where my negative equity is $150 and have emailed them multiple times today. All they do is keep issuing new contracts with the higher payoff amount. No response to my case.

I signed under the premise of a $150 loss as verified by Vroom and now they want me to sign after taking my car where I’d be closer to $850? Is this even legal since the deal was 90% completed under another contract?

Does the contract have a clause that protects Vroom?

At the least I’d say your entitled to see the new payoff letter between Vroom and the lessor. Perhaps they initially received the wrong one from the lessor and upon the correct one noticed the difference.

To me the protection for Vroom seems to be in the form of if I lied about the condition of the vehicle. That makes sense and they do need to protect themselves but this is of course different. Have not seen others as I searched under this same circumstance (car gone and change of contract before lease payout). Simple matter is, I would not have sold at a $850 loss. I carried forth my portion of agreement under the documented $150 loss.

I am still waiting to hear from them to see what they will do. So far all they have done is voided one contract today (before signing) and then sent me another with the same bad negative equity amounts. I believe the only reason this showed up today is because I wrote to ask where they were in finishing the transaction. The contracts shared today (and not yet signed) are the only ones that show the new payoff and greater equity difference. The older ones signed by both parties show the lower negative equity amount. I agree, they owe me something to prove this change from Ally.

Did they send the payoff in more than 10 days after pay off letter date? Payoff amount is generally only valid for 10 days. I’d the payoff not down by then, the amount can change. I have seen multiple posts on this thread wrt this

They would have to answer this for me but it seems they did not pay before the March 28 date in the signed contract. So who does this fall on then? Seems they should be eating it if they failed to complete on time. I executed every duty on my side as requested and on time.

The new payoff amount in the unsigned contracts received today is valid until 4/6. Another oddity as that’s a very random date (as far as I can tell) and a rather random amount they need to explain or verify to me.

I want to point out I don’t think Vroom is out to screw me but I think they need to own an error if that is the case. I waited to do my new purchase until I had this deal nearly complete so getting this runaround at the last minute is frustrating. Sorry if I missed the other threads… I never saw this same scenario as I researched.

As we all know, Ally payoff is a crapshoot. Every time someone calls, its a different number. No rhyme or reason.

However…this is pretty interesting.

The MSRP on my 2019 Tundra is $47578

Here is the offer from Vroom today, 18 months into the lease. I suspect payoff is no more than 42K. Who the heck knows with Ally.

Even more interesting…

Payoff on the Corvette, also 18 months into the lease is $41xxx. Market is just insane.

3 Likes

That tundra price is ridiculous. $2k under msrp?? They gonna list a used car over msrp??

3 Likes

I know I don’t understand how it’s possible.

I don’t believe any of it until :moneybag: is in :pig2:

Vroom must really value those farts in the seats and know customers will pay a premium for them!

1 Like

Or they just SMOKE uninformed buyers w very high interest rates. They buy up everything at auctions too. Pretty amazing

2 Likes

Vroom, Carvana, and Tesla surprisingly have reserved spots close to the auction building.

:chocolate_bar:

Somehow people think they are getting a good deal with the convenience of Carvana and Vroom sticking it to the man. The same people that pay $18-20 dollars to have a Chipotle Burrito or a soggy Panera Pick-2 meal delivered

It’s crazy. I have an offer for a now off warranty 2018 Nissan Armada that is about 5K higher than it was last summer.

2 Likes

Vroom returned an offer for me that was literally 30% of carvana (18.6k vs 5k). Anybody else see that type of wild variance?