Sold one to VROOM!

It’s a fully loaded 2018 scat pack charger, and at the time, I did pay 1k upfront when I picked up the car from the dealer.

When I inquired about my Hellcat Challenger lease payoff through the web portal chat-they gave me a price and I told a Toyota dealership what amount CC gave me…they sent the pay off amount to CC and account was marked as paid/closed…Toyota dealer sent me a check for the difference

I never asked for a third party buyout and C-Capital never questioned the payoff, I did have a question for them that was dragged for a long time (if tax was included in that payoff they provided) they said they couldn’t see what the terms were as they don’t have a copy of that…blah blah BS, I asked if they will send me a final copy of my statement and said yes (been a few months now-nothing arrived) Sold the car July 2020

1 Like

Just verify that this is for a third party buyout. What CCP sent you is for YOU to buy the car as is clearly stated in “available to you the lessee only”. Just be sure to double check to avoid any surprises but best of luck to you!

My experience with Vroom has been great so far. I own the 2019 Mazda 3 I’m selling them, with a decent amount left on my loan through Wells Fargo (about $6k positive equity). Vroom’s offer was about $1,500 higher than Carvana.

Accepted offer from Vroom 10 days ago. All paperwork done by today. Received confirmation email from Vroom today saying everything was good to go and that I will receive and email/call from the transport company within two days, and the car will be picked up within 10 days.

At this point, I’ve spent about a total of 30 min on the process and am seemingly almost done.

I guess it’s hit or miss! Will update as the pickup and payment progresses.

Sold a 2019 MDX hybrid to Vroom. Everything went smoothly. Paperwork was overnighted to me as stated. Once they received my power of attorney papers, they assigned a carrier within 2 days. The carrier did not contact me so I contacted Vroom. Guy came out the following day to pick the car up. Emailed the bill of lading at 330pm ET and received an email saying the check is in the mail that night. Got the check in my hand at 1030 the next morning in NC.
Vroom gave me 3500 over buy out.

Hello.

According to Chase, the lease buyout on my Subaru is $26,253 plus $1,553.95 for a total $27,806.

How is sales tax handled with Vroom? Do I need to get a dealer buyout instead of the buyout that I have access to? The Vroom offer was $26,784.

Any insight would be appreciated. I figure the answer is vroom deals with it but I want to make sure.

I think it’s the same. When I tried to get a lease buyout from Toyota they gave me the number and I turned it into vroom with their form. But for some reason vroom said it was a different one so they set up a 3 way call for them to get authorization for toyota to send the buyout. After all that, the numbers were the same as the one I got from toyota so not sure why they needed a 3 way call with them.

As far as sales tax, from what I read here, vroom deals with it since it’s a dealer to dealer sale.

Only advice if you go with vroom and how inclined you are to close the deal with them is to be proactive in following up with calls to them. I tried just emailing them the whole way and that took forever even if I replied right away to their inquiries.

While not a lease (existing loan through credit union), I had a really good experience with Vroom overall.

1/19 - Accepted Offer and completed e-sign paperwork
1/22 - Received power of attorney
1/23 - Returned power of attorney form
1/25 - Vroom received power of attorney form and assigned a carrier
1/26 - Carrier called me and scheduled next day pickup
1/27 - Carrier picked up car at 3:15, sent picture of bill of lading to Vroom at 3:30 and then had a FedEx number for my check due next day at 6:30 PM

All in all it has been incredibly smooth and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. Hope all others have a similar experience to me and headaches are few and far between!

1 Like

Vroom would not pay sales tax. They would buy it for the 26253 from Chase and give you the positive equity of the offer. It looks like you have a little bit over $500 of positive equity.

Does anyone know if there is a deadline to sell a leased car to Carmax or vroom? Or can I do it almost the day before lease is up. Have a Toyota Tacoma and am pretty sure I’m going to net some money and just wondering when I should do it.

Just jumping back in to this thread to say run, do not walk, from buying or selling to Vroom. Do not even consider it. This company is likely to be bankrupt in very near future, there is no way an organization can be run this poorly and ineffectively and continue to receive funding to stay in business (because there is no way in hell they are turning a profit).

I don’t have the patience to provide a full update on my experience, but let’s just say that now at 6 weeks after agreeing to sell my car to Vroom, I have no car (picked up 10 days ago, a huge saga in its self) and I STILL do not have payment and my lease has not been paid off. I am literally making lease payments and liable for a car that has been taken from me.

They are not replying to any emails (I’ve sent maybe 25 over the last 6 weeks), and I’ve not had to threaten legal action. What else can you do when a company essentially steals your car?

And then I found this: Vroom | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile

2 Likes

It depends on the financial institution. Some banks don’t allow 3rd party buyouts within 30-90 days of lease expiration. In my opinion if you get a good offer now, take it. You never know how the value of your Tacoma could be tomorrow or if Carmax, Vroom, Carvana might start offering lower quotes. In a week the offers could tank, or they could go way up. Either way, making any sort of profit/taking the equity is better than having to pay to get the car off your hands. You can always get a quote from Carvana or Vroom and have 7 days. Keep checking the offer in private or incognito without logging in and watch it during that time. If it goes up, log back in and re-appraise and accept the higher offer. If it goes down, you know locked in at a good time.

I feel your frustration. It took me over two weeks and numerous phone calls (and long waiting) to get my payment. You didn’t mention whether you had called customer service, but when you do, ask the rep to transfer you to “senior support”, “tier 2 support”, or “escalation” department. Also, try emailing straightbuydocs@vroom.com. Good luck!

1 Like

Back in august Vroom had my positive equity check to me in 24hrs times have changed.

I got a call from a real US based person. they’ve all been polite, friendly, and prompt. It’s the lease buyouts that cause the delays from my knowledge.

Try this #, lorraines helped me.

1 800 311-6788;7538

2 Likes

Any updates? Has Volvo posted payment to your account?

I just had my XC90 picked up 2 days ago and am now seeing your posts. My question is how are we, as the lessee, supposed to know that Volvo won’t accept a 3rd party sale? Nowhere in my lease contract, nor on the VCFS website does it say that this is not allowed. There is some language on the payoff quote form that says payment from a 3rd party may be dishonored and you would still be responsible for the payments. To me, that means they are talking about a bounced check.

I am pretty sure they keep it vague on purpose so they can use it to their advantage at any given point.

I initiated the buyout day of my lease ending since I was still shopping around offers from carvana, carmax, and autonation. All I had to do was call TFS and tell them I want to extend my lease, I paid a late fee of about $25 since I was expecting to be rid of the car by then but didn’t. TFS obliged and extended it for 6 months but said it’s pretty much month to month at that point if I wanted to turn it in. Since the whole transaction with vroom lasted over a month, I ended up making another payment to toyota for the lease. Much to my surprise, I received a check for that month back from toyota a couple days ago.

Interesting to see that some people are still having trouble getting quick action from VROOM. It took them a while to prepare my contract, but that was really the only long part. I airways posted most of my timeline, but here is the conclusion.

1/18(MLK day)-FedEx delivers my power of attorney to their office
1/19-They acknowledge receipt of all docs and will initiate pickup
1/20-Inform me that pickup carrier has been assigned and will be contacting me

That was a Wednesday. I heard nothing until Sunday, at which point the driver tells me he’s on his way and will arrive between 9 and 10 on Monday morning. I expected to hear something and set a day prior to him coming, but I blame the carrier for that. I was going to be home so I quickly got the car ready.

Monday morning the guy shows up at 9:24. He quickly looked over the car, took photos, had me sign on his phone, and said I’d get the bill of landing via email. He went down the road with the car to where he parked his truck and the email came in at 9:31. I went to get a coffee and then sent it to VROOM at 9:57. They acknowledged receipt at 10:23 and said they would initiate payment. Tuesday morning I got a FedEx tracking number, and Wednesday the check was delivered to HMF.

So, assuming the amount on the check is correct and it clears, I’m all done. Overall, it wasn’t a bad process. Selling to CarMax is definitely smoother, and these guys definitely can improve their process. But, they offered me thousands more than anyone else, so it was definitely worth it.

I am/was in the process of selling a leased Volvo to a third party (Vroom, Carvana, etc), so I called VFS on Jan 26, 2021 and the VFS rep I spoke to said that effective a week prior they suspended the option for lessees to sell their vehicles to third parties. She said this happened with zero notice.

Can anyone else corroborate this?

This could be why @Fletchlea is having this trouble with Vroom, when in reality, it is an issue with VFS not giving up the title to Vroom / not allowing the third party pay-off.