Sold one to VROOM!

Still waiting for pick up. Current vendor has broken truck

update at 4pm :rofl:
the broker has made arrangement for pick up to be 4/2.
Let see…

Picked up yesterday. No bill of lading issued. Payoff check fedexed by Vroom today. Good luck to vroom on Bolt EV resale.

2 Likes

Congrats:)
So how does it work without Bill of Landing? Just a social distancing handshake?
Trying to understand what to expect, if ever Vroom finds someone to pick up my car.

Vroom says you are supposed to send them the BoL to confirm pick up. I’ve done it both times (both times I got the BoL via text from the carrier). I forwarded it to Vroom and they responded with the FedEx tracking for the payoff check to the captive and the positive equity check to me.

1 Like

Man, Vrooms pickup process seems so much more convoluted than Carvana. Set the appointment with Carvana, the driver called me when he was on his way, brought the check with him, signed some papers, loaded up the car, and off he went. Didn’t have to deal with Honda, DMV, or Carvana after that.

I did ask the person for a copy of his manifest but he is supposed to give me a signed copy of BOL. I did not have to fax that in, VROOM emailed me saying payoff has been fedexed. It seems VROOM is playing fast and loose, so it’s only a matter of time before we hear VROOM is in distress and is not sending our payoffs…

1 Like

That’s not reassuring😀 Damn…

Picked up today. Hopefully the rest will go smooth.
No bill of lading either.

In that case u report it stolen by a … multi million dollar company

1 Like

Update … I received my payoff check today… it all worked out as it should.

The Virus is going on i know the market is in flux right now. I was curious to see how the quote would change from 3 weeks ago. Vrooom just offered $12.5K less than 3 weeks ago only a sucker would be selling them a car right now lol.

1 Like

VROOM is looking more like a riverboat gambler these days as they stockpile inventory at auctions waiting for the markets to unfreeze. The prices that they are seeing at auction today in the few sales that are still running are tanking compared to 2-3 weeks ago. There are lots of theories about what it looks like when everything opens back up but unless they are able to buy things $5-6k below where they were 2-3 weeks ago, they are taking big bets. They may have run their inventories lower than expected so they need to keep the machine running and stock accordingly but Carvana’s approach to pause acquisitions until the dust settles seems like the wise decision.

Vroom - Due to the current crisis, we are not purchasing vehicles at this time unless it is a trade-in. We apologize for the inconvenience.

So they are only replacing inventory.

Was curious so I checked out vroom for my 2018 bmw 740Le xdrive (msrp 98500). I’m on month 25/36 lease.
Buyout now is 64000, they offered me 28,000.

I agree with posters above, they may be stockpiling cars on the cheap.

1 Like

I was thinking I was the only one on that boat. From $48000 to $26000 in 3 weeks

1 Like

2 weeks ago my 2019 Ioniq Base was $18,250 and today Carvana offers $16,600.

So it is still up in the air if Vroom will ever come through with their offer.

They have the docs including signed power of attorney to get the car. But never heard thus far about carrier. Now I’m thinking it won’t ever happen.

How much is a BMW dealer offering? Is it possible the whole used car market across the board is about to tank? And these guys are ahead of the curve?

If they can flip these cars at auction for say $5k over, why not take a million of them?

Personally I think the operational chain is currently broken. Prices will go up again when things get moving.

I’m quietly pleased to have sold my car last week. Even if things recover, it may take a few months or longer, where my car would have depreciated. One less thing to worry about in this crazy world.

I’m not looking to unload but if I were to get an offer to take the lease off my hands I would.

I was just curious what they were offering now vs in the past (according to previous posters they were getting really good purchase offers)

Never mind.

Yup. Mine is $16k. But they still won’t take it unless I buy one of theirs.