Sold one to VROOM!

Looks like we’re on a pontoon together. I am also waiting for them to find a carrier. Thinking about calling Monday or Tuesday to see if I can just drop it off at the carrier they find.

Perhaps they could use all the unsold cars for package transport and rename themselves to Vuber?

Interesting how Zoom exploded in just what seems a couple of weeks. We don’t hear about big players like Webex, Skype or even Google anymore.

There is no option to drop off. I already asked for it. After a week of waiting my car hopefully will be picked up on Monday. I will keep you posted.
Stay safe.

1 Like

I tried to find on their website kiosks location but having hard time locating that section of the website.

P.S. I’m glad small typo made your day😀

1 Like

Good luck! Keep us posted!

This i what just received from pick up vendor:

Not today hope tomorrow
Driver issue

Let see tomorrow

At least you already have one picked for you:) That’s ahead of the curve for me :slight_smile:

This is already second vendor. The first one never showed up nor provided real pick up day so Vroom decided to change the vendor.
Let’s see what will happen tomorrow

Oddly, I received a buy bid from Vroom just last night. I requested it the same day they posted they aren’t buying any more cars. Of course, bid is $6k lower than 3 weeks ago, but I am curious if they’d even follow through.

Just got a call from the local carrier. Picking up later today!

1 Like

Today vroom picked up my car. Waiting for check. No trade in

In TX, Dallas
Sold my MDX to VROOM, got signed documents (DocuSign), it was done last week.
Today got a call: “I will pickup your car”, I said Ok, do you have any paperwork for this? he send me screenshot: my name, my car, going to auction. I said Ok.

I called Vroom to confirm pickup, rep was not sure and told me he will send e-mail to “inbound team”.
1 hr later 3 guys showed up to pickup the car (no confirmation from Vroom yet)
I asked for paperwork: he tried to show me something on his phone, but it did’t work.

I told them : i need confirmation from vroom to pickup my car. They just left.

Is it possible scam or this is how vroom handling cars pickup?

This is how they work

1 Like

They find a carrier local to you and basically tell them pick up X car at Y location and bring it to Z location.

They just picked up my minivan today (second lease sold to Vroom). A towing place called me this morning and asked if they could pick up today. I said yup, went out and cleaned out all our minivan crap that built up over the last 3 years (pirates booty galore), put both keys on the center console, took off the plates, and parked it at the end of the driveway.

Came up at about 3pm between work calls and it was gone. Called the towing company because they were supposed to provide a bill of lading. Guy said the driver should have left it but he’ll text it to me. Two minutes later I got a text with the BoL. Sent it off to Vroom so they could submit the payoff to Toyota.

Thanks, BAU.
i lost my job, so lost of the car is not an option for me.
BTW Acura offered me 2 months deferral (same mileage)
Infiniti only can do month by month extension and you pay skipped pmt at maturity date.

did you ask for carrier insurance?
this is from contract:
" Vroom does not assume any liability or risk of loss during transportation of the Vehicle from you to Vroom. "

if something happened this is only help:" or make the Vehicle available for pick up by an insured third-party carrier"

My understanding of situation: local carrier has contract with vroom, hired someone to drive your car, those drivers suppose to be under carrier’s insurance, but it’s not 100% that carrier itself had insurance at this time ( especially now).

Car was picked up yesterday the driver had no receipt or bill of laden for me. I called vroom and a few hours later they worked it out…said that they have approved release of funds for my car. Still waiting to hear from Lincoln that the car has been paid off.

Huh, wow. That’s cutting it on operations to work without bill of landing…

Germs, yaaack.

Vroom just picked up my '17 RC350. Don’t have much to add that hasn’t been mentioned already. I filled out Carvanna and Vroom’s online apps but only Vroom asked me what I wanted. My offer was $200 more than the payoff which was $1500 more than Carvanna’s offer.

Process was strait forward. Guy picking it up didn’t do any inspection, there was nothing wrong with it anyways. They said its going straight to Manheimm Tampa.

Overall the deal saved me at least 2 rear tires, $700, and the disposition fee plus I’m getting a check for $200. I figure it was ~$1200 to my advantage.

2 Likes