Sold one to VROOM!

I think it’s all about timing and stock as the Hackrs have said. My Vroom offer has consistently been $3k higher than Carvana. Also, try and avoid KBB instant cash. Spent all day yesterday fending off calls from dealers trying to hit their goal by month end.

If you were honest from my personal experience(2 cars sold to Vroom) price won’t change from what was offered to you. The carriers that picked my cars found minor scratches that I never even knew that existed but it was stuff that can be remove by buffing the car out which I’m pretty sure Vroom does before selling.

I sent in my title and sign docs last Thursday with Vroom. Still don’t have a carrier notification. Is this normal?

anyone try this with audi or vw? Just got off the phone with audi fs and they said they have a different quote for dealer payoffs which will not be the same as my contract and they would only provide it to the dealer.

She point blank referred to them having a different way of doing things than other banks.

Has anyone had any issues receiving the check/wire for the payment once the vehicle has been picked up?

1 Like

I was told the same thing for Hyundai

My 2017 Maxima SL was just picked up by VROOM. The buyout was $20,263 and they offered me $20,250. No brainer with two months left and a crazy itch to get a new car.

This inspection is probably different from carrier to carrier. They contract it out and the carrier has nothing to do with value. If you have equity your gonna have your check in hand before they even see the car.

1 Like

Mine took exactly 24 hours, after waiting 8 days for pick up at least they paid me quickly.

1 Like

Was it by Cashier’s Check or Wire?

They overnight a check via FedEx

1 Like

You saved dispo fee minus $13 minus 2/12th DMV fees, plus you get a new car sooner. Don’t you love this place?

I attempted with VROOM, indeed the dealer price was higher by about $1000, so I aborted.
VW

I transport cars, he is just covering his 4 letters that’s all. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Everything worked out as it should have. Submitted my paperwork, the carrier called me a day after Vroom received my paperwork and said he could pick up my car within 2 hours! No issues with pickup, emailed my BOL to Vroom and payment was sent over to HMFUSA the next day. I had one issue where the payout was short by $54.17 (not sure how this happened), but I emailed Vroom Accounting and they sent payment the same day. Just waiting for my account to final, but I spoke to a rep with HMFUSA and they said payment is in full and in a few days it will post.

Thanks again to Vroom for buying my car!

I guess hackers have Vroom working overtime they aren’t giving quotes in 30 minutes as usual they are taking over a day now. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I actually called them for a question today and they indicated the offices are closed. Perhaps something with Coronavirus is impacting timelines?

Sold my 2016 Ford Focus Electric to Carvana. Vroom offered $1400 less. Carvana offered $2k above KBB. Total we got paid $1,100 to drive the car for 3 years. $31k new, dealer dropped to $23k, $5k state rebate, $7500 federal rebate, 0% financing. Sold for $11,600.

Ridiculously simple, they didn’t even look at the car at pickup. Literally checked the odometer, signed docs, removed plates and they drove off in it. Took less than 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Is it just my searches or is every car on Vroom listed with only one key?

I think it is a “under promise and over deliver” situation. I have both bought and sold vehicles to them. The one I bought listed only one key and came with two.

2 Likes