Sold one to VROOM!

I think Vroom uses this product to value cars: https://publish.manheim.com/en/services/consulting/used-vehicle-value-index.html

I have a couple of dealer friends who have access to Manheim.com. I used their credentials to log into the site to check out MMR (Manheim Market Report) which shows recent sales of MY (Model / Years) and based on what I saw, I determined that Vroom was quite fair and that Carvana wanted to buy way below current wholesale levels. Therefore, I went with Vroom in this case and I’m happy with that decision despite the hiccups.

FWIW, I was just contacted by a carrier on their behalf so it looks like 10 BUSINESS days from the time the docs were FedEx’ed to me. Will update once I get paid off but I do recommend for lessors to seek offers / make deals (whether Carvana or Vroom) right after they have made their most recent lease payment because doing this close to the payment date can make things a bit more complicated.

Vroom’s designated carrier (independent carrier) picked up the 2019 MDX yesterday (2/11). The bill of lading which was emailed to me by the carrier supposedly contained a link of what I had signed on the carrier’s iPad which I could not access in the presence of the carrier! This carrier who incidentally was a polite and easy going person admitted that he was new to this and didn’t know why it kept happening in this way! So many more speed bumps dealing with Vroom that my past dealing with Carvana.

However, I did receive a FedEx package today containing a check for the small balance due to me after the payoff balance. I just checked before this post and the payoff has yet to be posted to my Acura Financial Services account. I will make a final update when the balance shows as paid off but over all Vroom seems to be very fast and aggressive with their acquisitions and overnighting docs / checks by FedEx but expect some hiccups with the outsourced aspects of dealing with them.

1 Like

I ended up calling Vroom and spoke to someone in acquisitions. They said my offer was very close to what they actually plan on selling it for so they would submit it to be reviewed for possibly another $500. Unfortunately it came back at the same quote as before. I’ll see in the next month and a half to see if it changes before my maturity date comes.

Which is best if one wants to buy a car, Vroom or Carvana.
How much price can be negotiated down with there listed price, like 5%, 10% or even more or none…
Any Experience in buying from these online sellers.

Last month I sold one of my car to Vroom for $18k next week it was up for sale and they were asking 23k.
I saw in a week it was gone and the last listed price was 21900. That means someone pick it up for 21900 or less…

To my knowledge, neither one of them negotiates (CarMax fixed-priced model). It seems like they lower the price in increments until it sells. I’d personally go through normal dealerships, assuming you aren’t too picky. The smart ones lower their prices weekly until it sells, and you can usually buy a lot lower than CarMax/Carvana/Vroom… If you’re set on very specific colors/options, might not be the best route though. I don’t think Vroom has a doc fee, but they do charge around $500-$600 to ship the car you buy.

1 Like

I am seeing Vroom/Carvana has better options like more cars to choose from then my local dealers.
Carvana is also local so no shipping cost either plus 7 day money back guarantee.
Local dealers I can negotiate at least 7-10% or even more plus I can drive them before buying. Some of them are Certified also so more warranty coverage for peace of mind… Dealer might be a better option if one finds the exact car one looking for…

I called Acura/Honda Financial to verify if they had received the payoff for my 2019 Acura MDX which Vroom had claimed t have had FedEx’ed a couple of days ago but still not showing on my account status online. This time I spoke to an actual person who confirmed the receipt of the payment but apparently Vroom had made an omission of sort which did. to allow for the payoff to be immediately applied to the correct account, a matter which now has been taken care of. Great!

If you are an anal-type like me, you may not find the way Vroom does paperwork as smoothly as you’d like, meaning that some proverbial legwork of your own but as always YMMV.

I sold my 2017 GTI to vroom. I got them to up their offer to a few hundred more than carvana.

Wednesday - agreed on a price
Friday - fedex received, paperwork filled out, fedex sent back
Saturday - carrier calls me letting me know a local carrier will be contacting me
Sunday - local carrier reaches out, we agree on a Tuesday pickup
Tuesday - vehicle picked up
Wednesday - received fedex with check
Thursday - confirmed online my load is paid off

8 days all in crossing over a weekend. Not bad.

2 Likes

Update: received an email on 02/14 with carrier’s info and truck was picked up yesterday 02/15. It was a different trailer not the same type that was used to pick up the NX300. I’m assuming because the size of the truck it took them longer to find a carrier. I’m overall satisfied with Vroom and will use them again if I have to.

I submitted another request yesterday for a quote. Magically, the quote came back $521 higher! This is only 6 days out from the last lower quote. Crazy the way Vroom works. I am starting the paperwork now. Yay for getting some money back!

Is Nissan Financial allowing Infiniti’s to be sold to Vroom/Carvana now?

Nissan Financial let me sell my wife’s rogue, should be ok unless for some reason they have more rules on Infiniti?

Sold to Vroom!! $1000 more then Carvana

Sold my 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T for $1400 over payoff, I only put first months down at signing. I had surplus of about 3K miles. 16500 at appraisal.

1 Like

Thanks for the info…I’ve heard in the past Nissan Financial wouldn’t let third party dealers buy their leases. Looks like things may have changed.

Had car carrier pick up today from Vroom. On the bill of landing he was very Meticulous noting every little scratch even ones that were extremely small and difficult to notice. In the notes section he wrote “ fade marks throughout “ I think it was dirt/ dust as I was driving the vehicle up until the end. I guess my question is: in my opinion there was nothing significant that I was trying to hide or misrepresent. Is there a chance vroom will alter the price they quoted or would this slow the process of payment / payout to Chrysler capital? In the assessment I put excellent for exterior and average for interior. It’s really just minor things any vehicle with 33,000 miles would have.

1 Like

Let me know what they say. I’m about to sell my Grand Cherokee to them but I’m wondering the difference in first price offered and following inspection price offered.

1 Like

If your vehicle’s condition is as you describe it, I seriously doubt there will be deviance to the process.

Sounds like the guy was doing his job, and very well by the way you’re describing it. It shouldn’t cause any problems with Vroom, very minor things such as normal wear and tear from use is of no consequence to them. They’re in the business of selling used cars.

Btw, where was this transporter for the guy who got the damaged McLaren?!

I’m also looking to sell my grand Cherokee but have gotten better price from Carvana… I’ll try vroom again