Sold one to VROOM!

Payoff to Ally posted and shows $0 balance.

I thought it was worth it considering Vroom was $4K higher than Carmax and Carvana. Only GMTV was higher by $1K but GMTV said they didn’t want to deal with Ally anymore because they kept sending the wrong documents.

First and last Ally or US Bank lease.

1 Like

Was your payoff amount from Ally the same as what they gave Vroom? I heard sometimes the payoff amount for third parties is higher than your personal payoff amount. I also have an Alfa Romeo lease that I plan to sell to Vroom in the next year or so.

my personal ally payoff was $31,…

vroom payoff was $33,…

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Vroom sent the payoff check amount to the wrong address. It’s like they don’t even bother reading the payoff amount document that has clear instructions where to mail the check to. SMH…

In my case, US bank cashed the check sent to wrong address. :joy:

Ally uses market based payoff quotes. Since my 10 day letter expired, I had them rerun it and it was the same. Same payoff as before but there are three payoff amounts; personal, dealer, third party.

Vroom was delaying my process quite a lot. I got a better quote from them, but had the documents based on older quote. They told me to sign the power of attorney anyway from older quote. Their customer service is now incapable of using the newer quote to proceed. I am yet to sign their docusign since it has the older quote. Requested them for newer docusign, but could not yet reach them. It’s a pain so far.

Recently, I decided to go ahead with Shift although the quote was slightly lower. But, at the last minute, Shift came back to me saying Ally doesn’t permit third party buyout, so they can’t deal with it.

Now, I need to try hard with Vroom. I also got an autonation quote which is not that bad. But, now after hearing different buyout price by Ally for dealers, I am just wondering if things will go better. My lease is ending in 15 days.

GMTV upper their offer to $800 more than Vroom but when they told me I would have to get Ally to fax them documents I said no way.

Some more updates on my case. Has anyone been successful in selling their leased car when your lease is expiring within 60 days. When I called today, Vroom was saying they can’t buyout vehicle which have lease expiring in 60 days.

Extend your lease

1 Like

Sold 2018 Alfa Romeo Sport to Vroom:

5/4: Inquiry sent to Vroom. Accepted offer of 27,615 Ally payoff of 26,375. Net $1,240.
5/10: Paperwork signed and POA sent back via Fed-ex
5/13-5/14 - Vroom says process moving forward and to wait for additional info stating it could take a week to process everything
5/21 - New FedEx package arrives, Vroom cannot find POA and needed to send new one
5/24 - Carrier assigned
5/28 - Vehicle picked up by carrier
5/31 - Check sent to Ally and myself for payoff’s via Fed-ex

Waiting for the checks to arrive and for vehicle to be paid off on Ally’s site. So far, so good minus losing a POA and several phone calls to get that figured out. Well worth the 1,200 and to go down to 1 car for a bit since my wife and I are working from home until the fall.

Just wanted to update everyone, I finished the whole process and ended up walking away with $12,440 in net profit on the lease for my WRX STI. I am very positive this will never happen again.

6 Likes

take this :trophy: well done

1 Like

Check arrived today and was for the correct amount. Waiting for Ally to update on their side but if I started this process on 5/4, and all of the paperwork was signed. Made a payment on 5/15 for the lease, would the third party value go down the same as the payment and I’d be refunded the amount? Or should I have not let the auto pay go through on 5/15? Wasn’t sure how this would work with a third party buyout price.

In my case, US bank sent me back a check for the extra payment I made.

For my Alfa Romeo Stelvio lease, when I went to Autonation, Ally told them a payoff of 41k when my personal payoff was just 32k. That’s insane. I am now thinking about getting a personal loan to buyout and sell it to someone in 10 days. Has anyone done that? in CA, there is a 10 day period in which you can sell to someone after receiving the title. I guess it’s applicable while selling to dealers as well right?

Anyone have issues with pickup? Currently been 11 days since carrier Acertus assigned but no call from them and when i call to ask status they say still finding driver smh

Vroom made me submit all the documents and pictures and then no response for a week. I called and they tell me that they dont see me in the system and I need to submit again and then offer me 2 grand less.

Final: 6/7 - Payoff applied to Ally account.

Overall, a little over a month. Not too bad and to get out of an Alfa with positive equity and going down to 1 vehicle for the family since we’re both remote still. We’ll wait out the poor leasing deals till things catch up.

My Ally account showed up as $0 balance shortly after Vroom payment was received, but then last week showed the payment from Vroom as a reallocation (essentially reversing the payoff) and showing my account as past due.

Ally chat both time has been adamant that everything is fine and that I do not need to do anything or pay anything further. Kind of odd because it seems they are acknowledging their systems are not able to show accurate information.