Sold one to VROOM!

Also keep in mind that MBFS and/or the 3rd-party dealer may not allow a transaction so close to the end of the lease. If that’s the case, one workaround that some folks have done is you can ask MBFS to extend the lease for a couple of months.

thanks for the tip! so i should immediately start the process after lease get extended ?

yes that’s a good plan

1 Like

Yea also note that every leasing co is different. You may want to search past threads here to see if anyone did this extension trick specifically with MBFS.

why not put him in the dryer and turn it on?

Ya, finally got paid. Here’s my timeline for reference.

2018 F-150 w/ 58k miles (financed with Ford, NOT leased)
5/16 Accepted $39k offer
5/16 Got Docusign email and executed docs
5/18 Received Fedex envelope, signed POA and returned to Fedex sameday
5/19 Vroom received POA, Vroom called me because they said offer expired. After some back and forth, realized that there was confusion because they were looking up the account with the VIN, but the latest offer was with my yahoo email, not the gmail I had originally used. Once cleared up, they scheduled pickup within an hour.
5/20 Vroom called and asked if carrier had contacted me, had not, but said he would and that I was currently scheduled for 5/22. Carrier called me a few hours later and said he would be here later that day, which was ok with me. Picked up truck at 5pm, emailed me the BOL, which I forwarded to Vroom.
5/22 Found truck listed on Vroom as coming soon for $42k
5/23 Truck no longer listed
5/24 No confirmation of receiving BOL, so I called and got escalated. Wondering if multiple accounts was the issue?
5/25 Payment confirmation email received
5/26 ACH payment confirmed in my bank account for difference with payoff

10 days. $1500 more than a local dealer offered after I received Vroom’s offer and tried to get them to match. Had I wanted to buy another truck now, I would have gone with the dealer for the additional sales tax credit. Going to wait this bubble out.

1 Like

i checked with vroom they do want to me extend my lease…
(carmax on the other hand, says they dont care, as long as its before maturity date (doesn’t sounds right… what if i just show up 1 day before lease end…))

say if i am able to extend just one more month.

assume the dealer quote stays the same @ $37600
and the MBFS payoff quote for dealer would increase by one month payment $422, so that would decrease my equity by $422 ?

Your current payoff shouldn’t change.

Good suggestion!!..Next time I’m over his place…with fabric softener!

1 Like

Hi All, anyone got trouble with Acertus to schedule pick up?
It’s been 1 week after received the confirmation e-mail but no one called and I am unable to reach them. I have tried more than 20 times but no answer.
Any advise?
Thanks

Very happy to report that I canceled my sale to Vroom. Their process is so slow and aggravating…maybe only because I’ve been through Carvana’s smooth quick process.

AutoNation ended up matching Vroom’s price so I drove over and picked up my check. Interesting facts about AN’s appraisal process (as told to me by the AN rep):

Local AN dealers are no longer allowed to appraise cars. All trades go through a centralized appraisal system (similar to Carmax). The local dealer uploads pics and describes the car but they then have to wait for the centralized appraiser to provide a value. They will negotiate to some extent (in my case, matching Vroom) but the process takes time. Once you agree to a price, the local dealer uploads the information and waits for the centralized appraiser to send the docs for the seller to sign. Once signed, the local dealer uploads the signed docs and waits for the centralized appraiser to print a check onto a special printer in the dealership. The used car manager unlocked the door to an office that basically housed a printer and picked up my check. The whole process took over an hour but it was still better than waiting for Vroom.

3 Likes

Waste of time, just got this “Unable to Proceed” email:
Due to the term of your Lexus lease agreement we are unable to proceed with purchasing your vehicle. Per Lexus they do not allow you to sell to a third party dealer. Please contact Lexus in regards to your lease terms.

After reading all the recent comments on this thread, I chose to forego Vroom and sell my car to an AutoNation dealer instead. In and out of the dealer in one hour. I’ve spent more time each day getting bounced around the customer service lines for Vroom. Not worth the extra $2k and my sanity, in my opinion.

1 Like

Payoff to Ally posted and shows $0 balance.

I thought it was worth it considering Vroom was $4K higher than Carmax and Carvana. Only GMTV was higher by $1K but GMTV said they didn’t want to deal with Ally anymore because they kept sending the wrong documents.

First and last Ally or US Bank lease.

1 Like

Was your payoff amount from Ally the same as what they gave Vroom? I heard sometimes the payoff amount for third parties is higher than your personal payoff amount. I also have an Alfa Romeo lease that I plan to sell to Vroom in the next year or so.

my personal ally payoff was $31,…

vroom payoff was $33,…

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Vroom sent the payoff check amount to the wrong address. It’s like they don’t even bother reading the payoff amount document that has clear instructions where to mail the check to. SMH…

In my case, US bank cashed the check sent to wrong address. :joy:

Ally uses market based payoff quotes. Since my 10 day letter expired, I had them rerun it and it was the same. Same payoff as before but there are three payoff amounts; personal, dealer, third party.

Vroom was delaying my process quite a lot. I got a better quote from them, but had the documents based on older quote. They told me to sign the power of attorney anyway from older quote. Their customer service is now incapable of using the newer quote to proceed. I am yet to sign their docusign since it has the older quote. Requested them for newer docusign, but could not yet reach them. It’s a pain so far.

Recently, I decided to go ahead with Shift although the quote was slightly lower. But, at the last minute, Shift came back to me saying Ally doesn’t permit third party buyout, so they can’t deal with it.

Now, I need to try hard with Vroom. I also got an autonation quote which is not that bad. But, now after hearing different buyout price by Ally for dealers, I am just wondering if things will go better. My lease is ending in 15 days.