Sold one to VROOM!

As we all know, Ally payoff is a crapshoot. Every time someone calls, its a different number. No rhyme or reason.

However…this is pretty interesting.

The MSRP on my 2019 Tundra is $47578

Here is the offer from Vroom today, 18 months into the lease. I suspect payoff is no more than 42K. Who the heck knows with Ally.

Even more interesting…

Payoff on the Corvette, also 18 months into the lease is $41xxx. Market is just insane.

3 Likes

That tundra price is ridiculous. $2k under msrp?? They gonna list a used car over msrp??

3 Likes

I know I don’t understand how it’s possible.

I don’t believe any of it until :moneybag: is in :pig2:

Vroom must really value those farts in the seats and know customers will pay a premium for them!

1 Like

Or they just SMOKE uninformed buyers w very high interest rates. They buy up everything at auctions too. Pretty amazing

2 Likes

Vroom, Carvana, and Tesla surprisingly have reserved spots close to the auction building.

:chocolate_bar:

Somehow people think they are getting a good deal with the convenience of Carvana and Vroom sticking it to the man. The same people that pay $18-20 dollars to have a Chipotle Burrito or a soggy Panera Pick-2 meal delivered

It’s crazy. I have an offer for a now off warranty 2018 Nissan Armada that is about 5K higher than it was last summer.

2 Likes

Vroom returned an offer for me that was literally 30% of carvana (18.6k vs 5k). Anybody else see that type of wild variance?

Did you accidentally click that the car doesn’t run or has some other mechanical problem? I had that by mistake once.

I tried 2 separate quotes. Same ridiculously low offer.

Is your car is clean title, any accident or commercial plates ?

Clean. No accident or commercial plates. Maybe the fact that it’s a corolla in Orange County :joy: in any case carvana’s quote just went up another 200$ so i’m not even gna bother. Thank u guys for tryin tho!

Feel obligated to update that Vroom did come through and honor the original contract given that the error was on their part. My annoyance is losing one extra lease payment well after pick-up by Vroom but Vroom also lost by having to pay and cover the higher amount to Ally when all was said and done. I see they upped the price of my car in their effort to recover some of the loss.

So while it may take some effort at times, I will say the Vroom process worked out in the end. I would definitely do it again for profit and 110% do it again if not on an Ally lease!

Just to share my experience on selling my 2019 Rav4 lease.

3/22 - Accepted offer from Vroom (1200 of positive equity)
3/24 - After calling them, in order to expedite the process, I called TFS and got the payoff letter and emailed it to Vroom
3/26 - e-signed DocuSign file and FedEx tracking sent for POA
3/27 - Power of Attorney received, signed and sent back
3/30 - Pick-Up Carrier Assign
3/31 - Carrier contacted me. Told me that they will pick up my car next day (I thought I was going to have a bigger notice so this got me kind of my surprise)
4/1 - Vehicle picked up.
4/7 - E-mail received with tracking number of checks sent to TFS and me.

In general it was a smooth experience on my end, nothing to complain about.

Another on the pile. I think this is now my 2nd to Vroom and I’ve sold 2 to Carvana.
For our leased 2018 X2 due back Dec 2021, Vroom came in about $3k higher than Carvana. I just sent back the power of attorney so they should be scheduling pickup early next week. We have $1700 equity and I avoid the new tires it needs, 7 remaining payments, and disposition fee. Big win, IMHO.

To be fully transparent, we did pay $2500 at signing, so if you break that down, it would be $486 spread out over the next 7 payments. So you could look at it as more like $1214 equity, plus $1k or so for tires and $395 dispo and any damages they want to bring up. We’ll save on the payments probably until the Fall unless she falls in love with something else. So another potential $1400 there.

In the process of selling my 2018 Audi A4 to Vroom. Vroom hit it at nearly $1K higher than Carvana, and Algo was below that. I have 4 months left at $465, and was about to use a 3 month pull ahead to get into a Q7. I’d be on the hook for one more $465 payment, so getting Vroom to take the car was a big help.

My buyout was $28.3K, but with NY taxes I’d have had to pay Audi $30.5K. Audi gave Vroom a quote of $29.6K, so my $30K offer is only slightly more than that. But instead of being in the hole $465 I’m now positive $300-$400.

The takeaway is how much of a premium Audi financial applied to Vroom’s buyout. They told me it’s based on a number of factors, such as mileage and market price for the car. I shared mileage with Vroom, but not with Audi. Audi wouldn’t tell me how much the dealer buy price was, and said that it would only be disclosed to a dealer by fax. At least Vroom didn’t have a hard time getting the buyout number. I had asked one local Audi dealer, and he wouldn’t hit my car anywhere close to what AFS charged Vroom.

1 Like

Dejavu. We’re selling our A4 to Vroom also. Just made the Last payment and submitted all the paperwork the Vroom today. Very low miles on the lease so we have almost 3500 equity, but of course it depends on what audi will charge vroom. How long after you submitted paperwork did Vroom obtain a payoff quote?

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m leasing a 2018 S4 that I need to get out of as I’ll be out of California for 3-4 months right in the middle when the lease is due. I’d rather rather wrap it up beforehand. Vroom quoted me $39,xxx and Audi payoff is $37,xxx Since that payoff figure includes sales tax that I’m assuming Vroom won’t have to pay, is your expectation that Audi payoff to Vroom will be less than payoff to me? Thanks!

You need the 3rd party dealer payoff from audi. Expect it to be much higher than yours.

1 Like

How is that possible? BTW, I got payoff direct from Audi FS website, not through a dealer. The payoff is simply residual price + sales tax on that. + Remaining payments, less lease finance charge portion of those remaining payments. I have the ability to actually pay cash for the car and turn right around and sell to Vroom…is that the better play?