Sold one to VROOM!

:rofl: :ok_hand:

I wonder if they’re getting nervous cause of the stock market sell off? It seems to be pretty correlated with various used car price indices.

That’s not the case with our Toyota with TFS as captive. Checked yesterday and their payoff quote online and on the phone excludes sales tax. If you sell to any certified dealer, Toyota or otherwise, there are no fees or taxes imposed whatsoever. I guess it varies by manufacturer.

They went through a group cancellation as there buying and selling is dependent on current stock. If they don’t have your vehicle in stock your more likely to get a very high offer. Carvana seems much more consistent with KBB…vroom is based on in stock. Happened to us in the past call them and give them the tracking number for the keys.

Have any of you actually gone thru with autolendersgo.com? I’m getting about $21,000-22,000 from Carvana and Vroom but $24,000 from ALgo on their website. Are they legit or do they try and play games once you go thru with the process?

Easy answer… (search)

3 Likes

hi skyline,
any latest updates on your Vroom experience? or you are all done?
Thanks!

Yes, I update my post#1342 for the status.
So far I’m waiting for the vehicle to be picked up… most likely by the end of this week. or early next week, we shall see…

Thank you so much!!

I saw your message late. Nothing charged extra. How did yours go?

2 Likes

Hi guys - just sold my leased 2018 Suby Outback 3.6R touring to Vrooom

Process took about ~1.5 weeks from start to when they mailed me my check.

The car was in perfect condition inside and out except for a very small series of dings along front fender that I was concerned about. Vroom had shipper pick up and did not reduce their offer after receiving and inspecting the car.

Awesome easy transaction!

Quick add on my experience (now finally concluded): Ally reverted the check as “reallocations”, so my account that was showing a $0 balance reverted back to what it was the day before.

After an infinite series of emails to Vroom, calla to Vroom and Ally “on behalf” of Vroom, sending faxes, etc. Finally today everything cleared. Basically, Vroom never sent the odometer statement with the payoff check to Ally, so they just decided to reverse the funds… without letting Vroom know of course.

I know it wasn’t on me to fix, but I couldn’t wait any longer and a few “threats” of this not being acceptable, them being liable, etc. was all that was needed :slight_smile:

Having a really rough experience with Vroom. Accepted an offer and completed the ownership verification, but it never showed up in my account transactions and I never received DocuSign documents. Put my info again for a new appraisal and it came back lower. DocuSign email followed a couple of days after. Then got an email that my previous appraisal was being increased by $500. Accepted it and a few days later got an email saying my account would be closed due to them not receiving documents–I never received the documents to send them! I have spent hours on the phone and have been transferred between about 10 different departments it seems and nothing is fixed. Apparently, the only “active” sale in their system is the lowest offer one, but even then it’s been over a week since I completed the DocuSign documents and I still haven’t received the FedEx package with final paperwork. I’m sure some of this is on me for having multiple appraisals of the same vehicle, but I get conflicting information every time I call. Just yesterday I spoke with someone who said they’d “clean up” the multiple appraisals issue so that the only active one would be the highest one I accepted. That apparently never happened. At this point, I’ve been trying to sell my car to them for three weeks.

I am waiting for Vroom also, I accepted their offer on my RAV4 one week ago. I received an email last Saturday that they would get back to me in 2-3 days. So far no contact from them. I sent an email this morning, and requested an update. Getting a little worried, they gave me a great offer, and I picked up my new vehicle last Saturday. Hope I don’t end up with two lease payments now.

1 Like

Very happy with the entire process. Sold my '16 Lexus GS 350 with 46,000mi for $28.9K.

Timeline update:
9/2 - accepted offer and uploaded documents
9/4 - completed DocuSign paperwork and sent Title/Spare key via FedEx
9/8 - carrier assigned
9/11 - car picked up
9/12 - got my check

Wow, they move fast one yours! I accepted the offer on 8/25 and should get my check tomorrow 9/15, but no sure how long will it take for the bank to close the account.

For those having problem to get dealer payoff from Honda and Acura Finance.
You can get it now using the link below. Super easy.

https://payoffahfc.dealertrack.com/

3 Likes

For anyone selling to Vroom in Texas. You can get your online appraisal and then drop of the car in any of the Texas Direct Auto (Part of Vroom now) . They will do all the paper work at and cut you the check right there at that time. No hassle with all the waiting and scheduling.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if and how the positive equity in the lease is taxed on your tax return?