Sold one to VROOM!

Maybe you should wait until next year by then Vroom will be around $40k! :face_with_monocle:

The problem with the lease assumption is when they will open it back up. What a mess everything is right now.

If you have found the replacement at or around the price you want it might be worth biting the bullet. If not waiting you risk the prices going down from here. :thinking:

2 Likes

I have to say that I agree … I’m not really looking at a replacement right now and I’ll eventually look into a used stick shift to buy and keep, so it’d really be for not letting the car sit in my driveway for months … Probably until end of 2020. 6 months of payments and insurance, I am actually positive overall, with the downside of not having a car around for “emergencies” (aside my wife’s) … I’ll give it some thoughts, thanks for the input!!!:slight_smile:

Chiming in with my Vroom experience. Began 7/1/20 with an offer $2500 over my 2018 Camry Hybrid buyout. Carvana was way less. Process smooth, carrier picked up 7/15 check in hand 7/16.
Now will take my time to level up and look for a broker to get in my first luxury vehicle :red_car: Thanks Vroom :hugs:

1 Like

Hey everyone check out our post, where we are beating CARVANA & VROOM’s offers up to $2,000

3 Likes

Just sold my sister’s '16 HRV EXL 31k miles.
Vroom $12,900
Carvana $12,300
Honda dealer $8k as trade in.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

Wring thread, but I don’t think the factories that make the Accord have gone back into full-production yet.

1 Like

i got a 2019 lexus rx350 fsport msrp is $57,750

I’ve been tracking the vroom offer every week

It went from 38k in april to 42k then now to 45,239

I accepted the offer for 45,239

Now when i’m filling out the information I see that the cars value is 42k

How did it change from 45,239 to 42k?

I’m still within the 2 days and 250 miles as i just submitted this request yesterday.

lol, 7 days of silence via PM

4 Likes

what happens if you input your mileage but you put another hundred miles on the car before it’s picked up?

Vroom has a 250 mile allowance (anything up to an additional 250 miles does not change the deal). I believe Carvana is 250 as well.

Carvana is 1,000 miles

2 Likes

even after inputting the number of miles when submitting the registration and driver license information online for final processing?

@bimmerm3 Yes, that is correct!

It’s seems you are in process with them right now? I just finished/completed selling one to them a few weeks ago. Even after filling the odometer statement etc., you are still allowed to put on up to 250 additional miles without penalty and the deal is still valid. Anything over that, and they reserve the right to alter the deal.

what happens after contracts are signed and vroom takes your car and then comes back with a lower price then the contract states? will they bring your car back to you at no cost?

1 Like

Just got an offer for 4800$ for my 2019 Honda Odyssey lease in perfect condition I’m confused. Can anyone enlighten me please. Thank you

And carvana offered me 31,337 which is 2500 over my payoff… :thinking:

Take it and run

I will take it.
Side question. I wrote car is great condition but I do have a cracked tail light. Is it better to repair before I give it to them?

Blockquote[quote=“bimmerm3, post:1060, topic:56848, full:true”]
what happens after contracts are signed and vroom takes your car and then comes back with a lower price then the contract states? will they bring your car back to you at no cost?
[/quote]

At the time of vehicle pickup, the person doing the pickup does a mini/quick inspection, and takes a few pictures. The payoff check from Vroom is issued 1-2 days later. I believe this payment is issued even before the vehicle arrives at it’s destination and has a full/comprehensive inspection.

So they are pretty much paying out the contract price before they have a chance for full inspection. I am guessing they are hoping the pickup person can catch anything that is really egregious/substantially different than the info you provided in your self-evaluation of the vehicle condition.

For better or for worse, there is definitely a “trust” factor involved here (on both sides). I have found them to be very straight-forward in my dealings with them. The only negative thing being: everything was extremely slow (the entire process took almost a full month—that may have something to do with the Covid-19 situation though).

1 Like