Sold one to the dealer

Sold a 2019 VW Atlas SE FWD with around 23,000 miles to a local VW dealer for $30,000. Lease was due to end June 2022.

Lease buyout was approx. $24,000 (sorry I can’t recall exact figure).

Did you just sell it, or did you put that money into something new at that same dealership? I want to sell my Pathfinder to the dealer and take the money somewhere else, but I have a feeling they’re not going to do it unless I get into something new from them.

We leased a new vehicle no capital cost reduction and used some of the equity to pay fees, tax, title & registration. The rest we pocketed - around 4k. This was fine for us. We like the brand and liked the new vehicle - 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL R Line AWD.

I hadn’t been considering the Atlas, but I just went to a few websites to check them out and just using the payment calculator on the listing they’re showing around $800/month! Selling price on a $44,000 MSRP SE V6 is $49,000. I guess I should be happy that the dealership is actually listing a price on the website and not making me fill out a contact form so they can spam and harass me for the next year.

I would never take the advertised price on a dealer website s anything more than bait. It will come with many conditions.

Nothing beats honest detective work & getting all the info you can on the vehicle you want - rv, mf, time on dealer lot, what your trade is worth (these days dealers want used cats bad). Seeing what your current vehicle fetches on places like car max,

The use the Leasehackr calculator to put it all together & make the pitch to as many dealers as you want that have the vehicle you want.

IMHO any new 2019’s still on a dealer’s lot should be a bargain waiting to be had. However that said, in today’s crazy market who knows.

Do your H.W. and put together a deal using the leasehakr calculator then pitch the deal to the dealer at the end of the month. Who knows maybe they will bite.

The other question that needs an answer is will VW credit or any lending institution do leases on 2019 vehicles. Usually not.

What vehicle is allowed under the grad program is unknown to me. However from what I know is that it is not financing dependant. Make a call to another couple of dealers, play dumb and ask.

If you have the VIN, plug it into KBB & see what the value is. If you don’t just put in as much info as you have and see what pops out.

Sounds like you got a good deal.

I sold my 2018 Atlas S FWD to a VW dealer at end of June and only got $21,500. Buyout with remaining payments was $18,000.

Got values from three dealers. One didn’t want to buy it and both others were $21,500. Dealer put it on lot and asked $27,000.

FWD in Pacific NW was kiss of death for me getting more money.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Sold one to Nissan Dealer