Sold one to Enterprise

I didn’t do it for flip but I was waiting for Acura MDX 2022 Aspec Blue n Red & every dealer was giving me run around. Some dealers even quoted me for more than $800 pm 7500 miles. So I leased Honda for time being than very next day RODO had MDX available & I got that one now I was stuck with extra car payment, I called the dealer who gave me Honda to return it they told me they gonna charge me $1500. I rolled my dice & took my car to Carmax where they gave me good money & I walked away with equity check.

1 Like

My Honda Accord sport was $300 pm with 7500. Just first month payment at DAS

You should check the updated appraisal figures from Enterprise. I saw the number go up $1K from last week. I should have held out since the number is now close to $1.5K higher than two weeks ago. I didn’t end up leasing anything after letting go of my Honda Touring 1.5T since it was a third car but I agree it would be hard to find a good lease deal these days if you need to replace it immediately.

I just stopped by there today for a quote on my x2 that payoff is 24,000

Vroom/shift 22300
Carmax 24000
Carvana 26300
Algo 27000 (don’t buy in California?)
Enterprise 25700

I will most likely go with enterprise as the hold time with carvana was over an hour and online chat was full so I haven’t even done the video walk through. My tires need to be replaced also, 2 people have said not safe. So I figure 600 discount for the tires and the inspection has already happened, hopefully just easy dropoff.

I just sold at enterprise. They had the highest offer and it was nice to be able to just drop it off instead of dealing with a company picking it up. It was easy enough. They inspected it, I agreed on the price, sat there for about 30 minutes, then signed a few documents and left. They’ll mail the equity check within a week or two, hopefully they are quicker with the payoff check to BMW, but I’d recommend using them assuming the price is right.

4 Likes

The enterprise near me gave me the highest quote. And you are right you just drop it off and don’t have to worry about the back and forth calls like the other places like vroom or carvana. Did you have to call to get your payoff or did they so it for you?

BMW would not give me the dealer payoff, but it was identical to my payoff. Enterprise just needed to call and confirm.

Dealer payoff same as yours??? How were the 2 payoffs identical?
I thought dealer payoff excluded taxes??

I just pulled up my payoff document, for whatever reason, my payoff document has a 0 on the sales tax, so that’s probably why it looked the same for the dealer.

1 Like

I just sold my car to Enterprise. How long did it take to get a check from them? Thanks

How did your sale with Enterprise go? How long did the whole process take with you? Thx

I just sold my truck today there too. Keep me posted on when you get your check and loan paid off, I’ll update when mine does.

1 Like

Just went today and they had to do a new appraisal. Said the first guy mis-optioned it. Now 2000 less than carvana. When I updated the mileage on carvana, offer actually went up. They didn’t want to come close to carvana.

1 Like

Good luck with your sale. Keep in mind Carvana needs 60 plus days on your lease maturity to buy your car.

It’s been over two weeks since I dropped it off. BMW received their payoff in about two weeks, but I didn’t receive the equity check yet. I’ll check with them in a few days, but I’d say expect and plan for the bank to only receive the check in two weeks.

1 Like

TLDR: It’s amazing Jim is a functional adult as it’s clear he doesn’t understand what he is doing when it comes to cars.

Long version:

I leased a 2020 Tundra SR5 CrewMax from a local dealer in IL in August 2020. The financing company was US Bank. Carvana offered me silly money ($51,684) for the truck in late May. I would walk away with a check of about $7,000 for the Tundra. I accepted their offer and leased a 2021 Accord as a replacement and received what I think is a fair deal.

I thought I had my ducks in a row. I understand that US Bank does not do 3rd Party buyouts, so I overnighted a payout check to them on a Tuesday. Confirmed they received it and signed the papers on the Accord on the following Saturday.

17 DAYS LATER I finally had the title in my hand - three cheers from the USPS. However, here is where I am naive - I thought I could simply give this title to Carvana. I found out since US Bank was the technical owner, I needed to re-title the vehicle in my name before I could sell it. Whatever. I knew I was getting hosed on the sales tax and I had already factored that into the transaction, and I was still ahead almost $7,000.

I receive the title on Thursday June 17 at like 3pm. My Carvana offer expires on the 18th. I re-arrange my day to go the the DMV on Friday June 18th - so far so good. On the AFTERNOON of the 17th, the governor announces that all state offices will be closed on Fri June 18th in observance of Juneteenth.

I had previously talked with Carvana and they said twice they would provide a courtesy 7 day extension on the appraisal one time if needed, as I knew the timing would be tight. I couldn’t get them on the phone on June 18th but the chat folks said very plainly “no extensions under any circumstances” which was different than what I was told previously. I didn’t get it in writing so it didn’t matter at that point.

My offer from Carvana dropped to $47k the next day. No wonder they wouldn’t extend. The next best offer I received was from CarMax at $49,200 but I still needed the title.

Fast forward to Tuesday June 22nd. I’m back and the DMV/ to get my new title. Only when I get to the counter and ask for an expedited title, the woman said “It’s not possible to expedite a title on a vehicle 2 year old or newer - it will be mailed to your and you’ll have it in 3-6 weeks.”

FML.

I didn’t yell or cause a scene, I just said bummer, I’m supposed to sell the truck tomorrow. I mentioned I was losing money every day until I could get the title. I don’t know what happened, but the next thing I know she went to talk with someone and said they would do it. I had to come back at 8am the next day (it was 3:30pm Tues). I went back Wed 8am and they expedited the title and I had it in my hands Thursday afternoon.

In the middle of all of this, I saw a thread about Enterprise Car sales. I ended up submitting info and their offer came back at $51,900. This was the KBB mid-point and I didn’t expect to receive this much, but certainly better than CarMax.

I took the title I received Thursday afternoon and went to Enterprise car sales Thursday night. Spent about 20 min with them, they drove the truck around the lot and offered me $51,384. Uh, yes please.

I signed and I should have a check in the next 7-10 days, depending on the whims of the USPS. I was there for less than 30 min total, it was great.

If anyone is look at selling I would definitely check out Enterprise. Professional, low pressure, and super easy. I would take slightly less from Enterprise to avoid CarMax and Carvana in the future (not that my wife will ever let me do this again, lol).

I just thought I would share this store to confirm 1. I’m an idiot; and 2. Definitely check out Enterprise car sales if you are looking to sell.

13 Likes

Awesome that it worked out in the end with Enterprise. I had a good experience with selling them my 2018 Accord in the Chicago Area. It took three weeks to get the check because there was a power of attorney form that we didn’t originally sign when I dropped off the car but besides that I got the check via Fedex within 3 weeks. I kept in contact with the manager of the branch of the location where I dropped off my car so I knew the check was coming. In the end I got more than Carmax and Carvana and the experience was much more pleasant than sitting in a Carmax for over 2 hours on a weekend.

1 Like

In my case, I got my equity check 7 business days after I sold my car to them. Leasing company got the payoff check on the same day.

Oh sorry to hear that you have experienced so much. Btw, did you get your tax back from DMV since you bought out into your hands then sold it to Enterprise? In CA, there is a 10 day grace period to sell your car after getting the title under your name.

Thanks, FM. I appreciate the update and im glad you got your check. It’s a relief to know that the process can be simple and straightforward. The more companies that we have will make it easier for us to hack the next deal.

I got my equity check via FedEx overnight on Saturday. It was a total of 7 days including weekends to get my check. I will need to check with MBFS to see if they received the payoff check on Monday or Tuesday. Overall I have been happy with the process.

1 Like