Sold one to DRIVEWAY.COM

Was in the same situation, didn’t attach voided check but got ACH no problem.

Sorry for the delayed response. Mine was a bit of a unique situation because I had an issue with the title so that added significant time to the overall process. I can say once it got sorted the process went fairly quickly.

Did you get your transport call yet? If so, how long after you received the payment?

I got the call from the transporter on the same day I got the payment. I did get a call prior to getting the payment but I told him I couldn’t release the car until I got the payment. Driveway farms out their transport so you’ll get a random call from these drivers asking if you are around for pick up within an hour or two. There won’t be any emails telling you to schedule an appointment for pickup.

That’s weird I still didn’t get a call.

Text or email the agent you initially worked with to let them know you are ready to have transport pick up your car. That typically gets the ball rolling.

1 Like

Been trying to secure a transport for a week now. The one I got assigned was real pushy and got upset and hung up on me when my schedule didn’t align with his. He wanted me to leave the keys in the cup holder and they’d pick it up……uh no thanks not taking that risk!

1 Like

Still no call from transport about the vehicle I sold to Driveway on 8/23. I received my payment on 8/30 and messaged them on 8/31 for an update. Since then I t’s been a bunch of empty promises. Per the email I received after the vehicle sold. It said I was to immediately stop driving the vehicle as it was not mine anymore. But I was responsible for keeping insurance on it until it’s in Driveways possession. I just spoke with them and advised that I want to be reimbursed for the time it’s been on my policy after the sale. The fact that it hasn’t been picked up is no fault of my own. So why do I have to keep paying insurance on and providing storage for a vehicle that is not mine?

Because Driveway gave you the highest quote and you are probably overpaying less than $100?

2 Likes

Why did you accept their offer with these terms to keep it insured until pickup if you weren’t ok with it?

Perhaps another company that offered a lower payout but a quicker pick up may have been a better option. Financially you may have been lost $500 but you didn’t have to pay $3 / day to keep it on your insurance.

When I picked the offer I didn’t realize I have to provide storage and insurance for a vehicle for another 10 days. We all know if I sit a Hellcat out for 10 plus days chances are it will be stolen or vandalized. I’m ensuring their purchase is safe and they could care less it seems.

It’s pretty clear from reading this thread that Driveway is slow and take their time. You were probably aware of it. They called me for pick up a week before I got paid, so it depends.

Yea I expected a delay with the paperwork and was patient. But who expects a company to drag their feet picking up a vehicle they paid for? I was paid on 8/30 it’s now 9/9 and I haven’t heard a word from them.

They send email with the the pick up link after moving the case into “package preparation” stage. Did you fill that shipping form right away?

Yes, all that was done as soon as I received it. I’m talking with them on the phone, the reps don’t even know why it hasn’t been scheduled yet. I’ve done everything I was supposed to do.

1 Like

The insurance is the interesting part. Claim could be denied as you no longer own the vehicle. You technically cannot insure what you do now own. It could make for an interesting claim if anything happened to the vehicle in your care and control that you do now own.

It is still covered by you insurance, until you cancel it. Like a rental car.

We don’t technically own any of our leased cars but we’re insuring them.

1 Like

I do not disagree with the fact you still have a policy. What becomes the issue is if you no longer have insurable interest in the vehicle (no longer own it). Policy language could argue that as you are not the owner you are no longer responsible-- the insurance company could decline coverage after the investigation that uncover this fact.

You have an insurable interest in the car when you are leasing it-- very different than a car that you no longer own or have an interest in (title/registration/lease).