Sold one to DRIVEWAY.COM

A lot of issues with transferring titles from Michigan

Do I need to leave registration and carpool permit in the car when driveway picks up the car?

Just an quick update.
Got documents on Aug 12th.
Sent back documents on Aug 17th. Driveway should have gotten documents on Aug 18th. Waiting for payment and then will set up pick up date.

2 Likes

Received payment and awaiting transport to pickup vehicle. Hoping will be this week sometime.

Just got the same type of call from a transporter wanting to pick up the car before payment. They wanted to pick it up tomorrow. I told them I was still waiting for payment and want to schedule for next week but they canā€™t schedule that far out was his response.

It looks like it took about four days before you got paid. Is that correct?

It took about 5 days from the time they said they received my package and were moving it to payment. I am still awaiting a transport to contact me to get the vehicle. I did however receive a text this morning asking if I received payment so they can setup transport. I assume itā€™ll be the week sometime, hopefully.

My payoff is pending and I did not get any call from transport yet. I need to get rid of the vehicle to replace it with new car on insurance.

How long do we need to maintain insurance. Doc says, to maintain it until driveway is in possession of the car. So, frustrating

What does one car being on insurance have to do with you not adding another car to your policy?

Having two cars on your policy is the cost of doing business. If your done driving the one car you could reduce the liability & collision coverage if your counting the money that closely.

My insurance guy told me that replacing car on insurance is cheaper than adding and deleting. :man_shrugging:

Iā€™m going through the process now. I have a lease with Ally and one with GMF. How does this work? Do I have to pay the leases off and then sell to Driveway or does Driveway pay the lessor and give me the difference?

Read the thread, please. Itā€™s all here.

Unfortunately I am still trying to get my vehicle sold to Driveway. I have called, emailed and text with a handful of their representatives who all pass me off or say the rep that is working my deal is not at her desk.

All required docs were submitted on 3AUG22.

At this point I suspect the original buyer believes they over bid and is now trying to get me to walk away.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

Seems like this is the standard of practice for driveway these days. I was passed around for months before the deal went through (I started the process in April and received payment last week). During this time I was constantly shopping their competitors to make sure I was still getting a good deal. Stay patient and if driveway is offering more than their competitors the wait is worth it. Good luck!

any chance you can post your whole timeline? seems theyā€™re very slow

Hereā€™s my timeline so far
Submitted virtual inspection: Aug 3rd
Got documents via Fedex on Aug 12th.
Sent back documents on Aug 17th.
Driveway received documents on Aug 18th.
Driveway acknowledge receipt of paperwork and movement to payment phase: Aug 22nd
Received payment Aug 25th

Now waiting for transport company to call to set up pick up.

Was it a paper check or ACH deposit? I sent my paperwork back, but didnā€™t attach a voided check. Iā€™m wondering if that will hold me up.

I selected the ACH deposit option.

Trying to sell my 2018 Tesla M3LR. Online quote was $49xxx, but when I received the paperwork from them the offer only said $41xxx. Also, my address was incorrect so the packet was delayed and address on paperwork was incorrect. Obviously I was peeved about the price so I called them yesterday and they said they would resend paperwork today with original quote and corrected paperwork. Hoping they come through.

08Aug - online estimate
15Aug - submitted docs
16Aug - submitted pictures
23Aug - received UPS packet (believe delayed a few days because they had incorrect address). Incorrect offer and incorrect address on paperwork.

Final Update:
Submitted virtual inspection: Aug 3rd
Got documents via Fedex on Aug 12th.
Sent back documents on Aug 17th.
Driveway received documents on Aug 18th.
Driveway acknowledge receipt of paperwork and movement to payment phase: Aug 22nd
Received payment Aug 25th
Car was jus picked up by transporter who gave me an hour notice.ā€“Aug 25th.
Overall process was quicker than others who sold to Driveway but better communications would have improved the process.

1 Like