Sold one to DRIVEWAY.COM

Yes, sounds about right.

Thatā€™s been the process for me. Once the money has been deposited in my bank I text them and set up pick up.

smooth process, papers signed and sent 1/28. Driveway initiated ACH deposit on 1/30. Received money in bank on 2/3. Payoff was received by Genesis on 2/4. Car was picked up on 2/5.

Made 9700 after payoff, so real happy :slight_smile:

Sold 2019 Forester Sport. It was leased, with 51k miles, so 15k over. Payoff was 21300, offered 28295. Smooth process, took about 2 weeks to get an appointment. Guy showed up in an Uber with a check for the difference.

1 Like

I also went with driveway this time since they provided the highest offer. Originally offered at 54.2k but I didnā€™t go with it during the one week period. I resubmitted and they came at 53.6k.
Sahara at just over 60k with 7600 miles.
Process so far has been very smooth. Received payment today and last thing I need to do is make contact for a pick up date. One thing Iā€™m unsure of is usually most places that make offers is good for 500 miles of driving. I canā€™t remember at what mileage i submitted but Iā€™m currently at over 7600. Since they already submitted the payment I donā€™t think thereā€™s an issue about how many miles the car has been driven.

Received offer 1/27
Texted registration docs 1/29
Photo inspection 2/6
Paperwork mailed to me 2/15
Mailed paperwork back 2/15
Money deposited 2/18
Vehicle picked up (not yet)

1 Like

Hmm. No offer on our P3D.

What website would that be to get an offer?

Driveway.com?

Iā€™m not quite sure Iā€™m following you. I got the offer from driveway and selling it to them. They were the highest from the other well known companies.

1 Like

I tried putting our P3D in and didnā€™t get an instant offer.

Sometimes you have to call them. Their instant offer part is hit or miss.

First offer I got was instant shortly after I submitted it. Second one didnā€™t show the offer but stated to get in touch with them which I did via text.

What is the play here taking two weeks for documents to be sent out? Why so long?

They are very backed up, a rep told me this, they are cranking out 60-80 docs everyday and only have 4 reps working that station. My scheduled day to get docs is 3/1 and i was put in queue on 2/18

1 Like

Ok i like that response. Thank you

In the process of selling to Driveway now, should be getting paperwork this week after waiting 2 weeks. Seems to be normal.

1 Like

Did they get back to you about going through the lithia mb dealer?

Just wanted to share my awesome experience with Driveway.com selling my leased 2019 Audi Q7 45. The captive is I think VW Credit as per the registration but I was making payments via MyAudi website.

Time line
Jan 13: Online appraisal at $44,824
Feb 18: Online appraisal $44, 301
Feb 18: called customer care and asked to proceed to next steps. It took a long time to get a human on phone. The rep I got was helpful in that she forwarded to next stage and sent an email requesting to send registration, Audi account number, front and back of the drivers license.
Feb 19: Received call from another agent asking me for last 4-digits for SSN to ask Audi for payoff.
Funny enough the payoff was same as what I got from online portal. I asked them to check again as the payoff is usually higher for 3rd party dealers. She said they did get the 3rd party payoff. So now I am super excited as the net positive equity is $6100. Hurray!!
The same lady helped me schedule an inspection and sign-off at a BMW dealership nearby for Feb28. The in-person(coming to my house) appointment wasnā€™t available till March 3rd. So I said fine. Itā€™s just 8miles to drive.

Feb28: I get a call around 9am from driveway rep from SouthAmboy NJ, that he can come to my house and pick up the car. I asked them to confirm th payoff again same day to avoid any issues. Within 2hours the rep came with all the paperwork to sign. They got Power of Attorney to register the car in Oregon. I made sure the positive equity was correct. They said to use ACH transfer to send money.

Mar 1: I see my bank account credit with $$$ (success). I removed the car from my insurance after confirming with driveway.

I still see my carā€™s gps location in the Audi app in case things go south. Itā€™s sitting at a DCH dealership parking lot.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised the third party payoff matched yours. I wonder if they are doing something different than Carvana to get the same payoff as you. I might go with them then at this point.

Family member is in the process of selling thru them and have confirmed that they are not buying leases that are less than 90 days old. They are just over that threshold.

Friend here on LH also confirmed the same with them.

Just a heads up to anyone immediately looking to flip their car to them ā€” they will not buy it.