Sold one to DRIVEWAY.COM

What is the play here taking two weeks for documents to be sent out? Why so long?

They are very backed up, a rep told me this, they are cranking out 60-80 docs everyday and only have 4 reps working that station. My scheduled day to get docs is 3/1 and i was put in queue on 2/18

1 Like

Ok i like that response. Thank you

In the process of selling to Driveway now, should be getting paperwork this week after waiting 2 weeks. Seems to be normal.

1 Like

Did they get back to you about going through the lithia mb dealer?

Just wanted to share my awesome experience with Driveway.com selling my leased 2019 Audi Q7 45. The captive is I think VW Credit as per the registration but I was making payments via MyAudi website.

Time line
Jan 13: Online appraisal at $44,824
Feb 18: Online appraisal $44, 301
Feb 18: called customer care and asked to proceed to next steps. It took a long time to get a human on phone. The rep I got was helpful in that she forwarded to next stage and sent an email requesting to send registration, Audi account number, front and back of the drivers license.
Feb 19: Received call from another agent asking me for last 4-digits for SSN to ask Audi for payoff.
Funny enough the payoff was same as what I got from online portal. I asked them to check again as the payoff is usually higher for 3rd party dealers. She said they did get the 3rd party payoff. So now I am super excited as the net positive equity is $6100. Hurray!!
The same lady helped me schedule an inspection and sign-off at a BMW dealership nearby for Feb28. The in-person(coming to my house) appointment wasn’t available till March 3rd. So I said fine. It’s just 8miles to drive.

Feb28: I get a call around 9am from driveway rep from SouthAmboy NJ, that he can come to my house and pick up the car. I asked them to confirm th payoff again same day to avoid any issues. Within 2hours the rep came with all the paperwork to sign. They got Power of Attorney to register the car in Oregon. I made sure the positive equity was correct. They said to use ACH transfer to send money.

Mar 1: I see my bank account credit with $$$ (success). I removed the car from my insurance after confirming with driveway.

I still see my car’s gps location in the Audi app in case things go south. It’s sitting at a DCH dealership parking lot.

2 Likes

I’m surprised the third party payoff matched yours. I wonder if they are doing something different than Carvana to get the same payoff as you. I might go with them then at this point.

Family member is in the process of selling thru them and have confirmed that they are not buying leases that are less than 90 days old. They are just over that threshold.

Friend here on LH also confirmed the same with them.

Just a heads up to anyone immediately looking to flip their car to them — they will not buy it.

This is correct need 90 days. Not a huge deal since places like chapman taking 60 days to even send plates.

Without reading all this stuff, is driveway legit? They just offered me 55+ on a 21 60k Sahara 4xE
Edit: I’ve had it more than 90 days

take the equity check a run…

I agree, and according to them they actually pay you and then pick it up

I took their offer of 54,995 for my 21 ha with almost 3k miles on it. The process is slow but i got paid friday. They haven’t scheduled pickup yet. For my area, they were the highest. They handled payoff so i didn’t have to deal with ccap.

Driveway is legit but they are slooooowww. It took two weeks to virtually purchase (via overnight mail) my Jeep. They paid me 48 hours later. Jeep is still sitting in my driveway.

When did u get paid? I actually wouldn’t mind keeping this jeep as long as possible.

I agreed to sell on February 8th. Paperwork arrived on Feb 24th and I overnighted back that day. Because of UPS delays, they didn’t get it back until 2/28. I was paid on 3/2. My CCAP account is still active though.

They limit you to 250 miles from the day you agree to sell, which renders the truck useless to me so it’s just sitting.

1 Like

What’s the penalty for driving more than 250mi?

Didn’t ask because I did not want to deal with having to potentially give them money back. It’s a very weird process but is legit.

I thought it was 10,000 miles? I dont remember the 250 part

They told me that my odometer at pickup had to be within 250 miles of my inspection odometer. YMMV.

1 Like