Sold one to CARVANA!

Just sold a Nissan to Carmax, as others have said Carvana doesn’t work with Nissan/Infiniti.

UPDATE: I placed a note hidden in the Owner’s Manual, and the new owner (from PA) just reached out to me. I’m calling him back later tonight and I’ll give him all of the paperwork and records from Day 1 for this car. I thought if the tables were turned, I would appreciate the background info!

Definitely a nice thing you did - but that could have backfired too. Sometimes people will harangue you about stupid stuff or even worse accuse you of something silly.

Not to get sidetracked, but has anyone here ever bought a car from Carvana? Seems like it would not be a good idea given the inflated prices they’re paying for second hand cars.

Any idea if Infiniti will work with ALgo (AutoLendersGo)?

Thanks for the update. I was given the 60-days lease-end rule when trying to sell my GMF lease. I was already in my 10-days grace period. I didn’t push it, so I just returned my lease. But good to know this is not strictly enforced. I would love to get more data points from other people.

got a quote from Algo and they told me they work with Nissan for lease buyout- but their offer was almost 2k less than Carmax.

Gotcha. Question, do you have to pay tax if you sell your car to one of these 3rd parties?

3rd party dealers have a resale license and pay tax when they sell the car, not when they buy them.
If you buy the car and then sell it to them, however, then yes tax is most likely to be paid.

No sales tax when selling to a dealer. The price listed on the Nissan/Infiniti financial site is the dealer buyout.

Thank you! For me, Caravana is the best offer followed by ALGo. Maybe ALgo can match Carvana’s!

Carvana is offering to buy out my 2020 330i loaner lease for a $1100 equity, only had it 6 months or so, and thinking about selling. Just not sure if I can get into another bmw for <$350/mo 0 das in today’s climate…

Doubt it but is worth the try!

Maybe one without stereo and AC

1 Like

Carvana came to pick up my CX-5 this morning and the tow truck driver’s reaction was hilarious: https://youtu.be/eIZz1eAbGS8

Not sure how they messed this one up :joy:

1 Like

My Jeep Compass lease ends April 1st. I got quotes from Vroom and Carvana a month or so ago and they were lower than my lease end residual ($17,579), so I was planning to return it to a Jeep dealership and pay the disposition fee. I just checked quotes:
Vroom: $16,789
Carmax: $18,000
Carvana: $20,040
ALgo: $20,000
Shift: $19,600

Since my lease ends April 1st (in 3 days) do I have time to deal with Carvana when adding the 10-day payoff? I am in San Francisco and I think they have a location I can bring it into.

If not, I’ll just go with Carmax since they have a nearby location and I’ll have a little bit of positive equity and not have to pay the disposition fee.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Context on this?

They moved my post. I sold my 2018 CX-5 GT AWD to carvana for $23,475. They showed up late to tow the car after the inspection. When they did they didn’t come with a flatbed. Vroom and Carmax offered $22k.

1 Like

Carvana just picked up my Palisade. They were about $500 better than carmax and a few thousand better than vroom/algo/etc. Took 15 minutes to do the whole pick up. They still continue to be the easiest way to sell.

5 Likes

How’d you make out?