Sold one to CARVANA!

So, it is better to buy? lol

Sounds like carvana are going for it. Carvana to Boost Capacity, Betting Online Car Sales Are Here to Stay - WSJ

“Until then, the company is dealing with declining inventory due to strong consumer demand. Immediately available inventory dropped by about 26% in January to 9,500 cars a day, compared with the fourth-quarter average of 12,800. That’s up from an average low of 4,700 cars in July, and down from a high of 25,300 in April.”

the a team 80s GIF

1 Like

Is Carvana having issues at the moment? I can’t seem to press next to proceed after filling out the vehicle basics.

Still for sale LOL

1 Like

“Purchase in progress”

2 Likes

Many thanks to this forum. I never thought the following was possible: Buying a car, driving off the lot, finding a better deal on a better car and then selling your present car for a profit.

I just sold our Lexus UX250h which we leased about 3 months ago. At the time of Carvannas purchase, the payoff was $29,000. After 900 miles, Carvanna bought it for $33,400. Without accounting for the miles we used, and considering $1500 DAS and $380 ish/month for 3 months, we actually got a small profit.

It allowed us to get a loaded Lexus NX at $372/month with $500 DAS (same terms as the UX).

8 Likes

Was messing around on Carvana and ran my car’s Lic Plate to get a value.

Saw that it was $2000 more than what I paid (before tax) and $1300 over what I owed. I had put $0 down on this car and drove it 12k miles in 9 months. I wasn’t even thinking about selling it and after a few days of thinking I ended up selling it. The process was simple and smooth. I got the check right then and there during pick up and the loan was processed and paid off a week later. Crazy smooth and crazy easy.

Today I just checked and they are selling the car for $34,500 which is $2700 more than their purchase price from me, and $1,550 more than its original MSRP.

I did have a limited edition car that has since been discontinued but nonetheless it was a no-brainer for me to do. Now I am going to buy a house.

I’ve been waiting for Carvana to process my seller’s paperwork for 3 days now. It seems like they are crazy busy and running behind processing the requests. I keep refreshing my price, while I am waiting for processing, and it keeps going up. It’s a running joke in my family now (what’s carvana at today). We take turns pressing the submit button.

How can you refresh the price? For me it’s just one price and it’s expires 03/23. We need this car until end of this month as our new car is yet to be delivered to the dealership. What do you all think about Carvana quotes for next week?

You refresh the offer by clicking “Edit Vehicle Details” and then resubmit the appraisal form. I usually just adjust the buyout prices, based on the change in daily interest and leave everything else the same. It will then refresh with a current offer, but note you will loose your old offer forever. Offers only seem to be going up, so I wouldn’t be too concerned.

1 Like

Can I ask what it was, limited edition Subaru? Some people were posting about Carvana buying and then selling used Tacos for over MSRP during the summer.

:chocolate_bar:

Thank you so much.

Careful. I thought that same thing and my offer actually went down 900. Still more than my purchase price but was still a bit bummed.

The used car market is very hot right now, which should be a reminder to folks to give a private party sale a shot before turning to Carvana, Vroom, etc. I sold my 2011 Toyota Sienna minivan in one day on Craig’s List for $4K above what Carvana ($5K above Vroom) was offering me. Could not have been easier.

where is the best place to find the sticker window of my car so that I can enter the features of my car accurately?

Google “vin decoder [insert make]”

1 Like

Not getting any luck with any of my cars with Vroom or Carvana. 2017 Evoque SE Premium and 2019 BMW 430xi, both a few thousand below my lease payoff. Lease ends for both in 2 months. Oh well.

Same here…was following a 4 series BMW that is nearing end of lease and its gone from $2k positive to close to $2k negative in the past few months.