Sold one to CARVANA!

Carvana picked up my e350 today, they had a $2000 better offer than the other services. I had a few craigslist bites for a bit more, but most wanted to offer less than Carvana.

Key thing I learned is check your quote in incognito mode and if it goes up you can have Carvana appraise for the new value. I was using the ‘enter year/model’ rather than the VIN/plate and using a different but close zip code each time. Not sure if all of that was necessary. Don’t re-appraise unless you know it has gone up, because it can go down as well if you do it while logged in.

1 Like

What year E-class and how much did they offer?

It was a high MSRP 2015 e350 with only 31k miles, got $20450 for it. I paid $31k for it CPO in Jan '18 so even though I missed much of the depreciation of this car, I still paid a ton. It’s what got me looking at leasing.

Wait… why did you sell it and why for so little?

Not driving it, it wasn’t going to gain value sitting in the garage for another year until I start going back to the office for work.

I could have tried autotrader and given it a few months, but the dealer comps were pretty low.

And my wife wants a stick shift, so I’ll get her something fun when we need another car.

You should change your profile name to: shouldhaveleased

5 Likes

As someone who likes Mazda (owned a 3 and a Miata) the CX-9 has to be one of the worst packaging jobs in the industry. It is the opposite of TARDIS, huge on the outside and tiny on the inside…

2 Likes

Guess there’s still some Ford DNA inside Mazda

You can take the mazda out of ford but you can’t take the ford out of mazda

1 Like

He was talking about a CX-5. Not a CX-9

My bad but CX-9 is still a terrible packaging job :slight_smile:

Im really impressed- that is smart

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beating CARVANA’s sell your car offers by $2,000

That’s a rare statement😂

1 Like

I don’t think I will be selling any of these anytime soon, but I provide these here as a reference to others. Lease but dont buy a BMW :grin:

The Taco is actually worth selling (I could make a few bucks on it), but is so inexpensive Ill hang onto it.

2 Likes

So based on these screenshots of Carvana’s offers, they pay you the amount offered, and you don’t need to deal w/ the state tax, its an additional savings to you?

I have my daughter’s 2017 Elantra Limited expiring end of August and Carvana is offering $1200 more than buy-out price, but I wasn’t sure if I needed to incorporate NJ taxes which would make the offer less attractive.

I have the exact same question as CaptQ. I have a Jeep leased thru Chrysler Financial Services. Residual $23k; carvana offered $26k. It’s registered in IL. I’m concerned if I sell them my car, IL will later send me a tax bill for 7.25% of the $23k residual. It sounds like from what I’ve read here because Carvana is a dealer it eliminates the additional tax concern? I’ve had extremely bad experiences with Chrysler Financial and the state of IL so I’m hesitant.

Does carvana truly do ALL the paperwork? I don’t have to deal with Chrysler or anything at all?

Thanks!

I would suggest to have You, CFS and Carvana on 3 way phone call and clarify all potential issues and/or concerns.

Why do you think IL will tax you on the residual??? The use tax is for whoever buys the car next, not the seller… So CARVANA won’t pay any taxes as they are a dealer nor will you as a seller. Even if you “GIFT” the car, the recipient pays the taxes

Just checked Carvana and Vroom both raised my offer over a 1k in the last week.