Sold one to CARVANA!

The crowd that blindly believes that a used car is ALWAYS the best financial decision because Dave said so. Yet still can’t do basic math or checking.

6 Likes

Hah. They just need to correct it, send them an email. I emailed both kbb and carvana pointing out the incorrect valuation.

Edmunds TMV continues to be my go-to for valuations;

And here’s KBB which Carvana gets their numbers from:

1.5T 6MT:

2.0T 6MT:

My car is listed for $100 less than they paid me!

6 Likes

They make it up on volume!

1 Like

Good lord. Not buying their stock.

Someone’s gonna hit by a 13% loan on it very soon

Sold my 2015 Honda CRV Touring AWD with 27000 miles, great condition .

Process was straight forward and painless…

KBB Cash Buyback offer : 19,100
Carmax offer: 19,000
Vroom Offer: 20,000
Carvana offer: 20,400

Sold to carvana… dropped at their center in SoCal, quick inspection and was given the check.

They paid for the Uber ride back home

Price already lowered by over a grand! https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1286831

Hey guys, first time leasing and considering selling to Carvana. Am I doing this wrong?

I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback lease with low miles that ends in 2 months. My buyout price is currently $16,200. I got an offer from Carvana for $17,300 and was really excited by the idea of flipping it to them for an $1,100 profit…but then the Honda dealer tells me I’ve also got to pay tax, tag and dealer fees which brings my buyout price up over $18,000. That kills the value in flipping. Are all those fees required when flipping to Carvana…or am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated!

Do you actually mean the honda dealer or Honda financial? Get the current dealer buyout amount from Honda financial. The actual Honda dealer has not to do with this deal.

Yes, those numbers are from Honda Financial.

A dealer buyout is different. Call Carvana and let them know, they’ll call HFS while you’re on the phone and verify the dealer buyout.

Dealer is selling You BS.
Stay away from any dealer while You want to sell it to Cravana or Vroom.
I sold 2 cars like that, hond accord and Toyota chr
Let me know if You need help.
Thanks

Lowered another 1000. I guess I won.

Although I’m sure some schmo will get bought at 10 percent apr to make this an overall winner for them.

Buy it and sell it back to Carvana for a profit. Rinse and repeat :rofl:

3 Likes

Curious why Carvana defaults to FAIR condition when you ask for a quote.

Recently sold my 2018 Land Rover Discovery
Vroom: $49k
Carvana: $44k

I’m sure almost everyone exaggerates condition, despite what is obvious to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes.

Think of how many times you’ve seen photos of certifiably ugly children posted on Facebook, with captions from clueless parents making claims to the contrary.

1 Like

Which burns the people who takecare of their cars.
The vehicle I sold to Vroom was listed for sale immediately.

And lowered again, now well below what I sold to them for!

I believe their business model is to churn through cars as quickly as possible. So they will lose on some, make on others. The point by point commentary about a particular car is not really helpful to anyone …

1 Like