Sold one to CARVANA!

Thanks for the tip! So if I take the vehicle to my local Carvana in the morning, they should be able to verify whatever they need and close the deal per the initial offer amount?

No, you’re probably jumping the gun there. Once you upload all your docs (proof of registration/ownership, Payoff etc) they’ll let you schedule pickup/dropoff.

Makes sense. So far Carvana has only asked me to upload my odometer photo and driver’s license. Hopefully they don’t drag their feet too long.

Once you lock in an offer, it’s valid for a few weeks (I don’t recall the exact timeframe). I’ve sold a number of leased/financed cars to them with no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

I have 5 days left for my 2020 BMW X3. Carvana offered me $32,700. Dealer payoff is $28,300.

Does BMWFS allow for Carvana to buy it directly or do I need to buy out then sell to Carvana? Looking for a smooth quick process .

No.

2 Likes

It wont be unless you go through a broker who has dealer and auction contacts, or a dealer chain that has multiple storefronts (BMW being one) that is willing to pay top dollar.

Try AutoNation.

2 Likes

^ Interesting data point regarding Carvana. Apparently they cannot do lease buyouts within 30 days of lease maturity. Thankfully, I am just outside of that window (approx. 33 days). Has anyone run into this issue when starting the process with Carvana outside the 30-day window, and finishing it inside the 30-day window? I’m waiting on Carvana to get back to me regarding my additional documentation.

anyone sold to carvana recently? how easy are they to deal with given their current business operations? Friend has an offer about $600 higher than GMTV and would like to take Carvana obviously, but GMTV has a 24 hr policy, whereas Carvana gives you 5 days.

Carvana told me this AM they are not buying Tesla leases…not sure if this is old news or not.

And a local AN says they dont want 'em.

I sold to them last month before they became a meme stock. It was a financed car through my local credit union and they paid it off overnight. They did cancel my pickup twice due to staffing issues. I ended up dropping it off at the local vending machine (45 minutes away) and they paid for the Uber home.

Hey I sold a leased Benz to them last week. I ll post my experience ina bit. But all in it wasn’t that bad. Took like 5 days for them to approve everything.

1 Like

Identically easy selling to them last month as when their stock was 10x. I personally wouldn’t hesitate selling to them.

1 Like

They’re taking their sweet ass time. They saw a payment due on the 9th so they decided to wait and today asked for proof of lease payment and requested a new payoff letter.

I seem to recall in the past some talk about a way to extend the offer longer but can’t find and don’t remember. My offer runs through the 17th but I can’t have them take until EOM. I got a pretty solid offer ($3-8k higher than others) that I’m afraid will drop.

Did you already accept and book a date for pickup or drop off? If not then once you accept there will be an extended period if you book the latest date. If you are up against that deadline why not rent a car and not lose the equity?

2 Likes

I have not accepted yet – the issue is the car is in the shop for some warranty/recall work and the dealer is estimating end of month before they have the part and are finished. On top of that I’m gonna be out of town the first week of March.

Just pull it out of the shop and sell it as is to carvana. Let them deal with it

I’m guessing they won’t lock in your offer but if you accept and then call to say there’s a recall getting fixed they might work with you

Better bet could be finding someone to match the offer while it’s still valid and give the a longer window.

1 Like