Sold one to CARVANA!

You’re selling to carvana, not transferring the lease.

You need to confirm that your dealer pay off amount doesn’t have the msds rolled into it.

Thanks Matt! Do you know if the other main online buyers like Vroom, Carmax, etc, have the same 60 day restriction?

Carvana is the only one that I have seen that from personally.

There are many banks that won’t sell to third parties near the end of the lease though, independent of who is buying (Ford for example)

Its wild in these car streets. Carvana offered $17,100 for 2018 Passat SE with 45K miles on it. Carmax offered $17,400. Vroom high $16ks. I bought it back in October 2018 for $20K cash at 11k miles. Trying to upgrade to a bmw or audi but stuff us so dry. Need the two to coincide.

Used prices being high and new prices being high are fairly tied together

Sold my car today.
CarMax: $31k
Shift: $33k
ALGO: $35k but upon appraisal reduced to $31k
Carvana: $36k

Car had 10k miles.

Pocketed $1k positive equity and I had the car for 8 months. Felt good about it

What’s your new lease looking like?

I’m not taking a look into cars for now up until inventory gets better, but the next step is a Dodge Charger :+1:t5:

1 Like

Hello friends, I’m in the middle of selling my leased car to Carvana. Now the last step is Carvana collecting dealer payoff quote. But today I found the 60 days mature policy, which is never mentioned during my conversation with Carvana CSRs. My lease will end within 15 days so it’s not enough even I extend the lease by one month. What should I do? Thank you all.

Extend it by 2 months lol that’s your only option

MB finance said they could at most extend one month.

sell to someone else

Update: I called MBFS again and this time a different CSR told me I had no problem to extend my lease. I have extended another two months. Now I have 70+ days left until lease mature. Not sure how fast Carvana can get dealer payoff quote, since I have uploaded all documents already.

SOLD!

2016 Ford Fusion Energi. They gave me $3,000 more than Carmax and Vroom.

Someone told me at CarMax that some Ford dealerships are only selling cars to current Ford owners. (may explain the premium?)

Process was simple. Gave them a detailed description of the car condition, took photo of odometer, driver license and uploaded a 10 day payoff.

I opted to take the car to Carvana and the process took 10 minutes. Carmax took me about 3 hours. Carvana buys about 60 cars a day at my location with just 2-3 people in the officer. What a better experience.

I think Carvana is the wave of the future. Yes dealers are important, but if Carvana like company can tap into the new car market with emerging EV brands, it will be a game changer for the industry.

My friend, you and I are almost in identical position in terms of all the elements: MBFS, time remaining to lease expiration (~10 days), provided everything possible, somehow stuck at dealer payoff quote.

I am conflicted to extend the lease but guess probably no choice. Did you tell MBFS you are shopping next MB so they agreed to 2 months extension?

It’s a pity the process has been smooth and positive until yesterday. Carvana team blamed MBFS did not reply quote due to some kind of fax breakdown. Urged me to call MBFS to give both verbal and fax permission to Carvana and told my carvana sell-to agent right away since the verbal permission is short-lived. I did that right away. Late last night things started to backtrack - a DIFFERENT sell-to agent contacted me brought up 60-day requirement officially the first time (even though I knew it’s the case while it never came up along the process) and told me to get dealer payoff quote (what happened with the verbal permission they were urgently to get??)

I dont want to extend 2 months just for them to pick up the car next week. I want the car out asap…

Any experience with how Carvana adjusts due to wear/damage? Previously went through this process and some companies (e.g. vroom) seemed to deduct a lot more - ended up selling to SHIFT. We have some scratches and a bumper ding and trying to determine despite Carvana being high offer if more aggressive deductions might negate this.

Hi visa, I have extended my lease by two months, since Carvana’s price is better than Carmax or Vroom’s price even after considering two more months’ lease. If one CSR didn’t extend the lease for you, hang up and call again after 10 minutes. If they agree to extend, they will send you a security email with extended two months’ invoices in attachments. I printed the email and invoices out as new maturity date evidence and submit them to Carvana. I’m waiting for their further notice. In your case, do some calculation: Carvana offer - (two months lease + minimum insurance + potential registration fee), compare it with other offers like Vroom, Carmax and make your decision.

1 Like

Thanks my friend. I also just called MBFS to get a 2-month extension. They did appear to be reluctant and initially only willing to offer one month. Hope this is enough to get Carvana over the line to be done with it.

Appreciate to share the experience and calculation! That was really helpful. Wish both of us luck dealing with Carvana. I will update back once I have concluded my sale.

1 Like

Same here. Let’s keep each other posted. Also let’s keep our fingers crossed that MBFS won’t markup the dealer payoff quote too much, otherwise all our efforts are wasted.

1 Like

@bb86 I provided a very detailed condition for the online offer. Car had been in 2 accidents and had damage to quarter panel and tear in leather seat. Had no issues.

1 Like