Sold one to CARVANA!

So… their number to call didn’t even start accepting calls until 7AM PST when website states 9AM EST and their voicemail says 7AM MST… second time my call dropped after a 4 hour wait due to tmobile policy even though I got a call through the minute the “away message” disappeared… how do you even get in contact with them?

Use the chat feature to request a text back.

used that, and they asked me to call in to get BMW payoff statement. lol

Have T-Mobile and waited 2hr 30 min and call dropped
Think carvanas system dropped the call not T-Mobile

If you chat with them, they can tell you if the sales line has a shorter wait and give you that number to try instead.

FWIW, I just sold them my leased BMW X1 with $4K+ of equity and it was super seamless

Was able to sell my mazda without talking to anyone on the phone, chase seems to be one of the easiest banks to pull this off with.

I also did try to get a new quote in a new browser window. This one was lower, and my higher offer still remained when I signed in to my account

3k equity immediately going into a used Macan GTS

:joy: yeah chase is by far the easiest. They even have an ivr for dealer when you call the ivr gives you the dealer payoff.

I may also add that I was on hold for just over 4 hours. In those 4 hours I was able to go to the gym, drive home, make breakfast, and catch up on emails. They were very apologetic and I told them they need a better system which she replied, “We used to have a callback cue.” Brutal hold time.

Tried googling land rover vin decoder to get the window sticker of the features of my car and im having trouble getting a site that shows detailed info. Anyone have any more recommendations?

I mentioned the windshield cracking on the initial appraisal submission along with rock chips on the pillar. After approving my documents, they had me upload pictures of both damages and was approved after a few hours. They didn’t seem to care too much.

1 Like

More reason why, provided you can walk away clean or even for a very small payment, it’s better to sell close to the end vs turn in and face charges I guess.

1 Like

So I was excited for a $4K Equity, after a week of submitting the docs, never received nothing, contact them by twitter and they were pretty fast answering there, but…

No chance to work this around right? Should I try Vroom, etc…?

My last option will be going to CarMax with the saved offer of Carvana and see what I can get right?

Sold my 2016 Volvo XC90 for $33,xxx to them. The price went up $3k from when I looked at selling a few months ago. Picked it up, gave me a check, done deal. This is the 2nd car I’ve sold to Carvana. Both vehicles they offered me more than Vroom, dealers and Carmax.

So I’m in process of selling two cars…yesterday went very smoothly, although guy was late picking up my car but he contacted me via text.

Today, I was supposed to have my other car picked up at 8:30 AM…got a text letting me know they would be picking up my car, and nothing…it’s now been two hours, and though I’ve contacted Carvana via text, it’s all auto-bot reply…I’ve input my info, but so far no replys from a human being.

Very frustrating…

I’ve sold my Mazda to Vroom 2 years ago and Kia Optima to Carvana this Monday and Carvana process was by far seamless. I initially went to Carmax last Friday, got the appraisal and went to the business office for payment, only to be told to come back another day for the check. Confirmed transaction on their website for pick up, Carvana representative arrived promptly Monday morning, handed her registration and key fob, and received the check. Amazing!

My alfa is up in 2 months (with Ally) … can’t wait

1 Like

It wasn’t leased correct?

Carvana changed their workflow to remove Volvo Car Financial Services (VCFS) so people don’t waste time submitting paperwork:

Carvana has mentioned a few times about removing the license plates before their person arrives next week. Is this a thing in CA?

I’ve never sold a lease before to carvana or anyone else.