Sold one to CARVANA!

FWIW, I provided payoff from KIA Motors which included tax and either Carvana contacted them or figured out what the actual dealer payoff amount was from what I provided to them.

1 Like

Following up on my initial post above. While waiting for my appointment day, I re-appraised the car daily and I ended up getting an extra $500. Carvana rep just came by, signed paperwork, took some pics, put the keys in a lockbox for a driver to come pick it up later today. I chose the debit card payment option and I received the funds instantly. This could not have gone any better.

They definitely have a lot of day to day variance in their prices. I do wonder if they sell more on the weekend and early in the week the prices jump.

Over the past week and a half, their offer on my wife’s passport has gone from $200 over buyout to $1000 negative to $1100 positive. I just saved it at $1100 positive, so I have a few days to consider a path forward.

Pretty sure the taxes are not included

I’m in the process as well with Chrysler capital

Me and caravana agent did a 3 way call and got the same pay off…

1 Like

thanks yes I will do that

1 Like

How did you do that? Do you need to log into your carvana account to do the appraisal? In case the new appraisal is lower than what you have, will Carvana overwrite the previous higher appraisal value?

Do the appraisal not logged in. If it’s higher, when it asks you to save, log in and it’ll update.

With that said, I don’t believe it’ll override if it’s a lower offer.

Jesus I was on hold with carvana for 2 and half hours today and 2 hours yesterday. They don’t seem to answer. Neither text or chat…

They’ll get back to you eventually. Their hold times are insane right now though.

1 Like

Why are you trying to talk to them? Just upload your account info with your documents and let them handle it. They will let you know how much your getting once they figure it out with your lender. I’ve never had to talk to them but I’ve only ever sold them Hyundai’s.

1 Like

I had to talk to them with my recent Hyundai sale because I’m in FL and Hyundai won’t give me the payoff in Florida. Required getting someone on the phone to manually verify payout.

Weird. I’m in PA, also a dealer only state and they had my payoff emailed to me in about 20 minutes after I uploaded my HMF account number.

I got a little confused because they require to upload a document proof of ownership/title with I don’t have in hand cause my vehicle is leased. So at this section I upload again my registration card.
And second they need a 10 day loan payoff from my bank which I have but the one that my bank gave me yesterday includes the sale taxes in the payoff and I needed from the carvana agent to make a 3 way call with my bank in order to provide them with the dealers payoff that I thing it does not include taxes.

Upload your lease statement with your account#. That is all I did, instead of the title.

currently on hold hour #3 with carvana… “wait time is greater than 30 minutes” isn’t wrong.

I just used the chat feature once and requested a text back. Once they texted me back, I kept asking all my questions there and it gets answered very quickly.

Thanks I will try that…

Agree. I gained more than $1000 by doing so. Keep doing it in separate window without signing in. If the amount is higher, then sign-in and accept otherwise just leave it.

I sold my 2019 Wrangler to them yesterday for $7k OVER what I bought it for 11 months ago. Still can’t believe how easy the process was.

1 Like

Oh wow that is insane. I leased a wrangler about 8 months ago and Carvana offered me $38,552 Carmax $39,000 but I don’t know what my payoff is. Ally makes it a little complicated to get a payoff not as easy as others that you can just call the ivr.