Sold one to CarMax

Why? VWFS never blocked 3rd parties sales.

But they mark up the sale to market value. Oh I see, Carmax doesn’t care that you don’t make any profit on it.

Yeah why would they care?

Its better that they don’t care or they’d stop giving so many high offers on leased vehicles

So? Carmax had no control over that. Carmax can still buyout VWFS leases, which is why they aren’t listed on there.

As I said, odd, I didn’t say It should be there, I just said ‘odd’.

More ‘odd’ is Mazda, LH shows it in the ‘ok to buy section’ but I wonder what happened with Mazda that Carmax put it on their ban list.

Fwiw, I just tried to sell my VW to my local carmax and they would not buy it.

What was their explanation for not buying it?

their quotes are an algorithm, though. the first thing they should be asking is if your car is leased or owned and who the lender is. carvana and vroom, et al, have all figured out what they can and can’t buy and their numbers have adjusted. carmax hasn’t yet…

Said they don’t buy VW leases.

Sold my 2018 Honda Civic Hatch with 26,200 miles with some dings and only one key fob for 19,400. I leased with Honda Financial, and I got my fund transfer for over 5K within 7 days. So they got my (owners) buyout price.They area bit sketchy with communications, but they came through in the end for me.

So RODO still deals with Honda They dont send out any emails to tell you the breakdown of where the monies went, but I must admit, that after usually walking away from a lease with nothing, picking up cash was a real treat.

Im in NY State on the Island.

2 Likes

I called my local (FL) CarMax and they said CarMax won’t buy vehicles leased through Honda Financial. They still offered me a quote on their online valuation tool.

Has anyone else been able to sell through Honda Financial?

2 Likes

Need to buyout through a Honda dealer or someone who has one in their network (Autonation etc).

1 Like

Sold 63k msrp jeep 4xe High Altitude today for flat 57k, with 800 miles. Closest was autonation with 55.5k offer.

3 Likes

Who did you sell to that would buy a Honda Financial lease?

RODO I am in NY. RODO is not everywhere though from my understaning. I would give them a shot.

I sold to them in December 2021

Ah yes, they would buy mine too. Thought you sold it to CarMax. Got me excited for a few min.

How was your experience with RODO?

Carmx been low balling appraisal lately.

3 Likes

Auctions prices dipped in January, per usual. That and I’m assuming many of these values have been on MY21’s. MY22 will really be hitting the lots recently and in the future…so it all makes sense.

Anyone have any experience with offers being different by zip code? I live in southern CA, offer from that Zip code on my Grand Cherokee is $37k (payoff 32k). Working in Las Vegas for an extended period of time and the offer on the zip out here was for $35k. Both say you can take the offer to any Carmax, but wondering if the LA offer will be honored in LV, or if I’ll need to head back to California to complete the deal. Tried Northern CA zip just to see and the offer was right in the middle…

Is there a Carmax ZIP Hackr thread in our future? :sweat_smile: