Sold one to CarMax

Makes sense, in your case I would just get a manual appraisal link from carmax and send in pictures, they appraise it real quick and honor the price. That way you will have price information and won’t have to drive 30 minutes and waste more time for an offer you might not be happy about.

I got an online offer. I live in CT, drove to PA and sold to a carmax in PA and they honored the online offer, no issues at all. took an uber to the dealership and picked up my new car

2 Likes

This is what I’m hoping to do. Pending their offer of course

You can complete the sale of your car at any Carmax with your written appraisal offer from any other Carmax as long as the offer is not expired. It does not matter if the vehicle is registered in a different state than the Carmax is located.

The majority of appraisals do happen off-site, however, sometimes the purchasing manager may do it on-site depending on the vehicle.

1 Like

Which location does remote appraisals with picture request? PA locations told me in person only.

I asked them via chat yesterday and they told me they no longer do virtual appraisals.

1 Like

Maybe it’s location dependent? But I asked CarMax chat yesterday for the manual appraisal link and it was sent to me. Got my quote 20 minutes after filling it out and taking pictures.

Hey guys. Random question I’m hoping someone has a “hack” for.

My offer at Carmax expires tomorrow (carmax is closed tomorrow and Saturday). My new car won’t be delivered to my house until Tuesday.

Is there a way for me to game the Carmax “24 hour test drive” to keep from being without a vehicle over the holidays?

That’s a bit too sticky for me. Maybe try to rent a vehicle from a local rental location? Also, IIRC, Carmax has a mileage limit for the test drive.

Just call them and say you cannot come in til Tuesday. I’m sure they’ll honor the quote.

@max_g they noted my account to honor this price on Monday/Tuesday.

I’ll prob still go in and “forget” to tell them this right away to see if the offer gets better.

Thanks for the suggestion. The 800 # said they wouldn’t.

1 Like

Does carmax do lease BMW buyouts? Spoke to the person on the phone and they said they do, but on their website it says they don’t. Don’t feel like driving 2 and half hours to get a no as an answer .

BMWFS has stopped lease buyouts to third party buyers, including carmax

1 Like

First party only, bmw dealer, or buy it yourself then sell to anyone.

Give AutoNation a shot. They can buy Bmw leases.

Thank you. I will see for both

has anyone gotten a Virtual Appraisal recently from carmax? their chat reps seem to say say its only for Trade-ins now

I did it today. Call carmax home office in VA and ask for it.

Current list of lease companies that Carmax is not buying from, at least in SE Pennsylvania.
Don’t see many changes from when I was here a few months back.

1 Like

Odd that VW isn’t on there.