Sold one to CarMax

I don’t see anywhere on that site that just anyone can sign up.

This is what I’m seeing:

I own/work for a Dealership

DEALERS CLICK HERE TO ENROLL

I own/work for Lending Institution

LENDERS CLICK HERE TO ENROLL

I’m neither a dealer or lender.

You are throwing the entire 7k down worth of equity on the Q5???

I’m trying to do the opposite and probably go for something a bit less and save that equity for a future ride

Thanks. Let me check again

I guess I’m not seeing the link anywhere. I’m on my phone, is that the reason why?

Screenshot from my phone

Got it.

What does it mean when it says turn in address. Is that the dealership I leased it from?

And should I use my vin or account #?

Just put any address, i used mine, vin or acct # both work

Got it. I thought they would cross reference the Vin or account number with the address registration

For all Honda leases.
Get dealer payoff number here.
https://payoffahfc.dealertrack.com/

1 Like

Yes you’re right it was a stupid deal and I didn’t do it.

The dealer have me a lower price last month despite money factor going down in june. They claimed if they sold me the car Audi would give them $2k more so they passed that onto me… All a bunch of BS.

Ended up getting an xc60 inscription for only $4k down, which includes my first monthly payment. Payment is 465.

It’s not an Audi, but I pocketed 3700 dollars in equity for my next ride…

Audi was at 600 with 6000 down plus first month. Greedy jerks.

Costco deal on volvo is awesome. They gave me 15% off sticker and the Costco incentive. It was nuts. Leasehackr score almost 9 years. Audi was 7.

2 Likes

Including Volvo cash. You made the right choice, good for you.

Took advantage of the madness and sold our 2020 CX-5 GT on Monday. After a couple of minor hiccups on their end, we eventually walked out of there with a nice little equity check after 12 months and only 5K miles of motoring.

Going to enjoy a summer of only one car payment before getting something with 3 rows to replace the CX-5 when the missus goes back to work in the fall.

1 Like

I’ve been shopping around for a way to best cash in the equity I had accumulated in 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro lease.

The car was a $48.5k MSRP, and I nailed the timing on the lease right when the 2020 models with CarPlay were starting to arrive and landed at a 13% off MSRP sale price and a payment of ~$325 with first, frees, and MSDs DAS. Fast forward a year and a half later, and my lease buyout was $37.5k and the residual was around $36.5k.

I had a sneaking suspicion that there might have been some equity in it since there are very few available and the market is crazy, so I had Carvana run me a quote which was $43.5k ish. Then checked Vroom, which showed $45k.

I figured I might as well try my local CarMax, since they couldn’t do an online appraisal. I figured that if they were anywhere close to the Vroom deal, I’d jump on it.

After spending some time at the store, my jaw completely dropped when the advisor came back with an appraisal of $48k.

Absolutely loved having the truck, but driving it for essentially free just made the experience so much sweeter.

2 Likes

I had a great experience with Carmax last month. I had 63 days left on my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited lease with CCAP when I realized I had $6000 in equity. I started the process with Carvana but it was going real slow. I did not want to risk losing out on the money by falling under the 60 day window so I got an online offer from Carmax that was very close to the Carvana offer. I scheduled an appointment at my local Carmax location for the next day and I was in and out in 20 minutes with a check for $6K. I was amazed at how simple and painless the process was.

1 Like

I believe carmax is the way to go, in and out. No tedious back and forth with phone calls and paper work and waiting for a check etc etc. Carmax gives you an offer and cuts you the check right on the spot. That’s how it should be done.

Yes. Carmax is definitely the way to go if their offer is competitive with all the e-buyers and you need to sell fast.

Totally agree - it’s nice to have the transaction done in 60 minutes. Even if carmax is a tad lower than the others, that convenience and ease of the transaction is worth it.

1 Like

Like you mentioned even if a tad lower it saves the headache of weeks of closing the deal with shift or vroom or carvana. If it’s a significant difference in equity than maybe go the carvana route but if not then getting your check in under a couple hours is entirely worth it.