Sold one to CarMax

Unbelievable amount of equity. How far off was their online quote to the actualquote you got in person???. Now rolling that into another camry SE?

By the way that camry se lease was a grand slam of a lease. People paying over 100 bucks more for that same ride.

Really I was surprised, even more knowing that I had to return the Lease in 2 weeks…
They honored the online quote, the car was in perfect shape, and I loved that little car. Now the thing is to find another one. I did grab another of those in 2019 at $240 but I think I want something else for the next one … maybe the 4xE madness…

They will hold the funds for a few days before the money is available in your bank account, right? The check says “payable only upon receipt and verification by the payor of the title to the vehicle described above”. What was your experience when you deposit the check into your bank account?

currently im getting offers 6k-7k above lease buyout on my 2018 Grand Cherokee
SendMeTheVIN offered almost a thousand more than CarMax but then backed out saying Chrysler Capital takes 2 months to send a title.
I have scheduled an appointment with CarMax but I guess I an going to reschedule it since I have to wait until July for NJ to restart their 5K credits for EVs

Just overpaid on a Lexus RX350 and sold my 2019 Honda Accord LX to CarMax.

Basically got back all my lease payments over last 20 months - $4,500

Carmax is buying about 30 cars a day at my retail center.

Based on my observations, I think CarMax is banking on a protracted shortage of vehicles.

Worker there told me they are buying more than they are selling, but are still making money. (I guess net of auctions).

This seems like a toilet paper effect. In my market deals seem hard to find, so I just may end up buying a Tesla Model 3.

1 Like

Carmax offered me 26800 on 2018 accord touring with 22100 miles and 1.5 engine

Enterprise offered me 27271.

This is 6200 over lease payout insane. Going to sell it and get into an overpriced Audi but who cares free money lol.

5 Likes

sold my 2019 civic type r today for 40200
carmax is stupid paying this much for it

bought with 9k miles for 33k private party

36xxx after taxes banked 4k and i drove it 11k miles INSANE

2 Likes

This a leased or purchased car?

i bought it, lol cant lease a type r for 33k

1 Like

Anyone have any luck getting them to do a virtual appraisal? My nearest CarMax is close to 2 hours away.

Unfortunately they don’t do virtual appraisals, but, they do honor their online quote. Plug your numbers in, be honest about the condition, and that number they offer will be the same in store. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately they won’t do an online appraisal for my vehicle.

You can try plugging in different mileage sometimes it will give you an offer that way. For instance if you have e 15800 miles, plug in 16025. Not sure why their system sometimes does this. Also try different zip codes. Sometimes this trick doesn’t work at all lol.

I have the same model honda and was offered 26k at enterprise about 3 weeks ago.

Enterprise uses kbb value. They put it as very good when I asked.

Enterprise bought 2018 accord touring 1.5L engine with 21,400 miles.

Buy price 27,961.
Payoff to dealer 20,200

7741 coming to me in a check in the mail.

Carmax only offered 26,800, which did match the price online.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s unbelievable amount of equity. That’s the highest I have seen a touring 1.5 go for. I’m going to stop by again in the next day or so to get another appraisal. Last one was for $26k

Yea Enterprise is paying up for these 2018 Honda Accord Touring 1.5T. When I run their appraisal tool using Excellent condition for my zip code I see $29,500 for a car with 21K miles. Two weeks ago, it was $28043 which is what I was paid.
The only thing I would say is a disadvantage is they mail you the check via Fedex and in my case it took three weeks due to some additional paperwork to transfer the title to them. Initially they told me it would take 1 to 2 weeks which could be the case if it wasn’t for the additional paperwork so keep that in mind if you are in the rush for the funds. I see that they just listed my car for $31K which is $2500 more than I paid for it three years ago.

Just checked now with “good” condition.

Came back in a range of 26500-28500
This is about $500 to $1000 more in equity since I went there 3 weeks ago. I’m aggressively searching for a new lease and have some numbers but nothing too great. I may just opt for a lower trim model.
What did you end up leasing after getting rid of the 1.5 touring?

Sitting here at Audi right now at the desk trying to get a q5 prestige with most of the equity money

Trying for 530-540 a month after tax.

Why are you sitting at the dealer without having a deal already worked out?

$750/mo is an awful lot for a q5 that doesn’t at least have an S in front of it

1 Like