Sold one to CarBravo? Review Thread

Getting offers to see what my car is worth. After getting back offers from many companies the best one is by CarBravo at $43900. The next best ones are from Algo and Driveway at $41500. My payoff is $35000. Is CarBravo legit with their offer or should go with the well known ones for less? Also Carmax and Carvana were at the low end around $37000. Anyone have experience with them?

Carbravo is basically a digital front end for GM dealers.
The offer you received should be an offer from the dealer they have matched you with.
That dealer will usually want to see it before making committing to the offer.
It’s legit, in as much it’s from a reputable buyer, but it’s not a 100% guarantee, until the dealer verifies it.

Is the dealer close by? For an extra $2400 i wouldn’t mind betting an hr of my time

Yes they did match to a dealer which I think is a Buick dealership about 30 miles away from me. I asked them if I could send pictures of car and details instead of driving there to see if their offer is legit or not. But, have not heard back from them. Should I still consider them and make drive to see if they will truly stick with the offer they made since it is $2500 more than all my other offers.

It is about 30 minutes away from me. If I go and they check out the car and make an offer or stick with offer they have made will I still have time to think about since I dont have another car lined up.

Confirm with your offer email, I’m sure it’s like 5 days 500 miles or so

Also whats the car? I can check wholesale valve so you have a better idea of it’s worth. Need vin or make model year trim and miles

1 Like

Lexus 2021 RX350L FWD 30800 miles.

Yes it mentions offer expires 7/3/23 or 500 miles whichever is first.

I would definitely get the MMR, so you know what dealers think they can get for it.

I would also try to get a few more offers. Highly suggest GiveMeTheVin, or any associated group, like Wholesale Car Club or Clutch Auto Deals. See:

If the Carbravo/Buick dealer is still the highest, I would give it a shot, they really should honor the offer.

Wholesale is $43,600.

Carbravo offer seems best route, wholesalers will be a few k under mmr.

1 Like

I pretty much went by that list and submitted my info. CarBravo was the highest at $43900 and next ones were at $41500 (Algo and Driveway). At the bottom were Carmax and Vroom at $37000. Givemettevin came in at $41000.

So I took my car to the dealer that CarBravo matched me with the offer and when I got there they informed me they are not interested in the vehicle any longer since things have changed in the last 2 days. The guaranteed offer I had with CarBravo they mentioned was higher than they would pay. The told me to scan the QR code and that the Black Lot company would deal with me directly and pay the guranteed offer. But, when I scanned the QR it require some dealer code that the dealer did not have nor did I. They told me they would look into it and get back. I thought it was all done deal when I go there and they cant back out with the guranteed offer.

So I took my car to the dealer that CarBravo matched me with the offer and when I got there they informed me they are not interested in the vehicle any longer since things have changed in the last 2 days. The guaranteed offer I had with CarBravo they mentioned was higher than they would pay. They told me to scan the QR code and that the Black Lot company would deal with me directly and pay the guranteed offer.

Unfortunately, the dealer did not honor the deal. Gave some excuse that things have changed in the last few days and we cant buy it at that number. They told me to go directly to the company that generated offer and they would pay me the offer. But, that requires some code that was not avaliable to me and they were not aware of it either.

That sucks :pensive:

So CarBravo gives a list of dealers when your getting an offer. Do you think I can submit another offer and pick a different dealer to match and this time call ahead if they would honor the deal before I drive there?

You can try it. Also good idea to talk to them and send photos to confirm the offer but as you just experienced nothing is really “guaranteed”

I know you ran a MMR value before for my car, but can you give me an updated value with mileage of 31300 (2021 Lexus RX350L Base FWD). Thanks.

Thank you.