SOLD(Lease Transfer) 2018 BMW M550i $75

I’d slugest to get a quote from BMW on how much it would be to replace the tires, and also if according to them both need replaced.

To piggyback on that thought, if the tires were still in question (which they aren’t in question at least in my mind- need replacement), a source such as Discount/ America’s Tire would be my first stop. They deal with tires all day.

God why are all sick BMW deals outside of FL…

The BMW deal man in the sky is not smiling upon you :wink:

Why would you go to a dealer for tires? Especially when Tirerack or a local tire shop will get you the exact same tire without the markup for both tires and mounting.

1 Like

I’d just put 4 new ones on with Costco has an additional $60 off the michelins on top of the $70 MFG rebate. Fyi.

Hi -

Interested in taking over. Please PM me.

Thanks!

I think (and I could be wrong) is that he’s suggesting getting a quote to see what the tires would be dinged for at lease end leaving them as-is, which is a silly proposition considering you still have to drive on them for the remaining lease term.

I come to this deduction based on his statement “also if according to them both need replaced,” when you don’t need the experience of a tire guy to tell you that a bulge and nicked sidedwall on 2 tires NEED replaced.

In my mind, if it doesn’t pass inspection, it needs to be remedied. Tire with sidewall bubbles/damage would not pass inspection (at least not the safety inspection in Maryland).

Wouldn’t pass in PA either…

That said, not every state has yearly inspections…OH as one example

Additionally, does anyone really WANT to drive it around like that unable to really enjoy it just to save a few bucks? The risk and worry just don’t really seem worth it to me.

I will never understand this phenomenon, and I see it routinely here in OC.

A sweet sporty ride, $50k, maybe $75k MSRP, maybe more, with bald tires / bubbled sidewalls. It baffles me.

You get the high end car, hopefully you understand that it would have high end consumables. And it may very well need them more frequently than a Camry SE.

But hey, blow out a sidewall, kill a toddler, whatevs. Who has $500 for a couple tires?

3 Likes

All good points but I think the horse is dead now. Plenty of reading material here RE the tire situation for prospective leasees to read through

1 Like

It’s kind of like the idiots I see sometimes with a donut doing highway speeds, and you know damn well that it’s been on there for quite some time too.

I think when safety is actually on the line, horses should be beaten well past their demise.

Sometimes repetition is warranted.

1 Like

Regrettably I’ve hard to run on a donut tire for two days on the highway because Tirerack couldn’t get a tire out to me sooner (it was a Thursday). I did not go over 55/60, though (recommend max speed is 50). Let everyone on the highway pass me. I’m in no rush to cause an accident.

1 Like

I had to do the same before… Obviously emergencies are one thing, but I keep it at 50 in the slow lane. I’m talking about crazies who are going 75+

It is insane to me that the person selling an M550i would try to cut costs down on a set of tires. If tread is good on the other tires, just do the front/rear two tires, replacing the one bad one. They are not that expensive. Michelin Pilot 3 A/S are like what, 250 a pop for 19 inch wheels? They’re not runflat, but they’re still great tires. Or get DWS-06 tires for about the same price. It’s an expensive German vehicle demanding a premium on consumables, these cars are pay-to-play.

1 Like

You overlooked the damage in the video. Car looks nice, but you’re not indicating any possible damage in your description or your video. Outside of @livesandiego’s pictures, nobody would be any the wiser.

Perhaps if you listed all the problems with the car up front, you’d get someone willing to pick it up sooner (knowing all the facts), rather than getting there to inspect it themselves and bailing once they see the problems.

1 Like

I think one is front and the other is rear. Are the front and rear the same size on this 550?