SoCal BMW M340i/Audi S5 SB Lease Deals?

Hi all,

First time poster here. I currently have a ‘22 Genesis G70 that’s going thru a lemon buyback process that will be finalized within the next 30 days or so. I’ll be needing a new car soon, so I’ve been test driving and shopping around for some numbers.

I went to 2 dealerships in LA today, Audi & BMW. Test drove an M340i and S5 SB, both which I really loved.

When I talked quick numbers with them, the BMW salesperson said he saw a 330i lease go for $800/mo, which I thought was ridiculous. I didn’t even want to ask him how much it would be to lease an M340i. The dealer was also charging $5k markup, but said he would be willing to give MSRP.

Audi salesperson said their ‘22 S5 Sportsback was going $5k over, but said he was willing to give MSRP. But when he ran the “worst case scenario” numbers (no discount w/ full markup), the lease payment for 36/10k with $5k DAS came out to be nearly 1100 w/ tax, for a car that’s around $65k.

I leased my G70 last year, so I haven’t been looking at recent lease programs but are all leases this bad currently?

Granted, I didn’t try negotiating/haggling yet, since I’m still waiting for the buyback process to be complete, but I was expecting to pay closer to $800-900/mo for either of the cars at most, but to see that they’re $1k+ seems crazy.

I have 700+ credit, so I’m confident I can get the base MF, but is it possible to even get either an M340i or an S4 or S5 SB for around $800-$900/mo with acceptable amount of DAS in this current market?

Wondering if it’s best to finance at this point instead of leasing.

Would appreciate your professional opinions here, thank you.

Someone posted a Alfa Stelvio for $600 + TTL in SoCal.

But a BMW ? Good Luck

You can contact @Samaudibh regarding the S5 and see what he can get you.

Find out the lease programs and plug in the numbers at straight MSRP into the calculator to see what the payments would be.

2 Likes

Just look at @AutoCompanion 's calc link, it looked doable but those are for orders. Base MF is not a guarantee for top tier credit.

2 Likes

Just ran numbers pulled from Edmunds w/ MSRP and it seems like with it comes out to $1k w/ tax with about $5K drive offs.

Market is pretty insane… paying $1K/mo for an M340i just seems ridiculous lol.

Edit: ran these numbers based on the one I saw today, which was $66K, so highly optioned. I reran numbers for a $59K MSRP, and it did bring it down to around high $800s, so I guess it’s doable.

S5s have leased horrible before Rona so they will lease even worse now. @Clutch has a new Audi dealer in Cali. Check his thread if you really need an S5 in your life. S4s leased significantly better in the past so might be worth checking the RV MF etc for comparison.

3 Likes

these both lease terribly now. would finance

3 Likes

Thank you for the tag! Much appreciated.
@Jason_C96 send us an inquiry and well see what we can do!

Thank you! Just reached out via the provided link. I’m still waiting for the buyback process to be complete, but my timeframe to lease a new car is by the end of June!

Thanks a ton.

If I may ask…what were the circumstances regarding the lemon buy-back of your Genesis G70?

….

Had my G70 for about 5 months, but the car came with very messed up alignment since new. It’s been back to the dealership over 5 times to fix the issue but all they do is reperform the alignment, even when the car goes back to having bad alignment only 1-2 days after getting an alignment.

They won’t attempt to look into it further by performing other diagnostics, so I’m lemoning it. Car drives like it has some sort of faulty suspension components such as bearing, tie rod, could be anything. But doing 5 alignments in less than 5 months seems wrong and those alignments didn’t fix anything sadly.

2 Likes

Thanks for your prompt reply…

Sounds like you’re a great candidate for a buyback!

I’m currently looking to lease a 2022 Genesis GV70… so I’m gathering as much information as I can since it’s a new model…

I normally drive Mercedes vehicles …but looking to do something different for a change…

….

No problem!

This is my 2nd Genesis, had the 2020 G70 then traded it in for the 2022 G70.

If I’m being real honest, I’m going to stay away from the brand for now. From my experience, they’ve been less than stellar. I’m Korean myself, so I really wanted to like and support the brand, but after having way too many problems and not enough level of service from Genesis, I’m gonna take a step back and go German.

They are a growing brand, so you definitely see the growing pains. But for the premium they’re charging for their cars, just not worth it as of right now. My humble opinion after being a Genesis owner for nearly 3 years.

7 Likes

Thanks for your insight!

Going along w/ this, my own take is that they are introducing far too many cars (Hyundai and Kia, not just Genesis) and the development time and quality control just isn’t there, when you’re releasing products at such an aggressive pace.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. My armrest latch snapped off recently on my ‘22 G70 so it won’t shut all the way. You would think that these cars have better quality and would be durable… but disappointingly they don’t have great quality.

I’ve never seen latches break off from any of my previous cars, even if I slammed them shut. Kinda shocked at how poor it is, considering the MSRP on mine was $54K, so not entirely cheap either.

Were I in your shoes, I’d be spreading deposits around town. Don’t expect to find exactly what you’re looking for in inventory, forget at MSRP.

When you say spread deposits, you mean to order one, right?

More than one if you don’t know exactly what you want.

The market right now is just so appalling and shitty.
I got my 2020 Audi S4 back in may 2020 for $614 a month after tax and I only paid taxes and fees upfront ($2700). At that time I was also seeing the BMW M340I around or under that number as well.

When my 2020 S4 was totaled last year(lady ran a light), I had to buy a used 2019 because every deal was coming out to $900+ a month.

Cars like the S4 and the M340I are not $1000 a month cars. Dealers can go shove it.
These cars are no where near worth paying $1k a month for.

My car is tuned to 500hp/616tq and even if it made that power stock I wouldn’t pay the ridiculous amounts these dealers are asking.

If you must have one now, there are some good used deals every now and then that pop up.

1 Like