So there is one problem when you lease a unicorn

The trick is to do it before a crash, not halfway into a recovery :laughing:

My crystal ball was broken at the time :slight_smile: I waited until a partial recovery after the big drop in March and thought we might be in for a rough rough time for the rest of the year. Of course, we were, but the stock market didnt care :slight_smile: Its totally irrational, so I was silly to think rationally (seriouslyā€¦thats not snarkiness).

1 Like

The market can be irrational a lot longer than you or me can stay solvent.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œvolnedan, post:36, topic:326675ā€]
Finally, a place where I belong :slight_smile: If I had the funds I would probably have ten cars in my driveway
[/quote]

It would be 20 for me

That 440 buyout is a unicorn. Hereā€™s my 2018 optioned 330e with 37K buyout:

1 Like

I knowā€¦and its a 430! Im lobbying for a sale of it this AM.

My parents also have a 2018 530e ($69k MSRP) and the Carvana offer is less than the original $50k MSRP 430 offer.

Iā€™m sure many of us run into this

My 2015 Camry SE was 24/12k 207 with tax a month $500 DAS

Took advantage of asian conquest and got a 2017 volt at $400 DAS 36/10k 180 tax included

Tried to take advantage of @Cody_Carter cheap taco deals in early March but TFS denied me $228+tax 24/10k $0 DAS on a $39,936 msrp trd offroad!

Think I did pretty well in my last two leases and on the one I tried to close on. In Oct 2020, when volt lease was off credit and after selling another car I hadā€¦ didnā€™t see that many great deals but after selling needed a car so got a K5 GT-line premium wolf gray with red interior at $0 DAS $349/mo 36/10kā€¦unicorn no way, but justified it at time by knowing I got the red interior and panoramic roof.

If I had costco and lease I would be mad AF since the LT1 camaro is one of the greatest deals Iā€™ve seen on here after I got my K5.

Hoping for another cheap taco deal sometime this year to sell ours and get into a cheap lease

I thought there was no costco rebate on camaro.

Also do your homework ahead of time. Get those memberships/cards that help with unicorns such as Costco, GM buypower, BMW CCA, USAAA etc.

2 Likes

Carvana stock riding the stock bubble. Without the fed stepping in carvana would be sitting at 25 bucks

Everyone was getting leases on those cars cheaper than people lease Hyundai Elantras for. Got to take the great with the bad on a lease like the 330e

A P/E of negative infinity, no forecasted profitability and a market cap of 50 billion dollars is a bubble?!

8 Likes

@Traderx what vehicle are you currently in?

In that exact position now as well.

1.5 touring accord

1 Like

awesome! aggressive leasing on the Kia K5, all new redesign. you should consider it

Everyone has that lesson at some point of time. Mine was in 2008 to exactly what you did. Buy high sell low :slightly_smiling_face:

Payoff was like $34,000.

I think a whole thread on lease extensions would be useful. We got a 6 month extension on a Terrain Unicorn and a 6 month extension on a Journey unicorn (USBank). Both were low milage but I have no idea if that impacted the decisions at the leasing company.

I would love to see a collection of extension requests and yes/no responses.

Michigan region

And right now markets know only one way but we all know bubbles donā€™t last forever. Buy high sell low scenerio setting up once again.