So there is one problem when you lease a unicorn

Hopefully not, but I have such ADD when it comes to cars. I was looking to buy a used 440 or S5 coupe with manual next year, then the LT1 deals came and derailed all my plans.

1 Like

I had a 1500 DAS $315 330e (MSRP 50k), I thought I had a good deal with $800 utility rebate. Your deal put mine to shame but I will gladly take a the same deal for a 2021 model. But my lease is not up till August there is still hope.

Like the other posters said, if you have mostly good deals sprinkled with unicorns you have done very well.

Good to know - thanks! Will keep me eyes out.

So my wife and I are fortunate enough to have flexible jobs that let us work from home, so I donā€™t necessarily NEED a car right now. I ended up only putting ~ 11k miles total on my car in two years, when I opted for 12k/yr. Also, itā€™s rare that both of us would be out at the same time going different places.

To qualify for loyalty, do the leases need to run concurrently? I recognize I also would need to pay a disposition fee (I think $350?), so can that be waived if I get back into another BMW in a certain period of time?

Just trying to plan out my options if I donā€™t find anything else before my lease is up. I could also ask to extend as noted above, but not sure if I should.

Need to lease within 1 year of your prior lease ending.

1 Like

My latest deal was not a unicorn but it is significantly cheaper compared to what I can get right now. This time I am planning to get something I really want, not get one because its cheap and meets my needs.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s been mentioned but be sure to check the value at Carmax,caravan and vroom. All make a sale super easy and Iā€™ve walked away with thousands by selling instead of turning in.

1 Like

You guys just need to hoard more appreciating used cars to get that sweet effective negative monthly payment.

I got offered $19,800 on Vroom yesterday for my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T with 60k milesā€¦I paid $27,500. Crazy used market. Iā€™d have to imagine that the majority of leases being turned in have positive equity in them. Well not the BMWā€™s and Volvos, but everything else :laughing:

4 Likes

Count me flabbergastedā€¦this is my parents 2019 sub $200/mo 430 coupe. Even with this lease, they could sell it now and pocket about $2500.

6 Likes

My Volvo has positive equity with vroom. Crochet me surprised.

Welp, Vroom reached out to me today and upped the buyout offer on my now sold S60ā€¦Itā€™s $100 over payoff. WTF!!!

Iā€™m just gonna plug my ears and sing aloud in the corner.

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that a BMW lease with positive equity is 100% a sign to put your 401k into government bonds and pull every other penny out of the market. This is insane. That car a year ago is what, $22k maybe?

Depends how much DAS you put also. I had like $3.5k and $4k rolled in on my leases with first month DAS only.

It would be hilarious if someone took their positive equity and used it to short the company that bought their car

2 Likes

Do I hear wallstreet bets calling?

Uhhhhhhhhh, my buyout is 38k. Carvana offered 17k.

Thatā€™s gonna be a no on that option for me. WTH is up with the residual on the 330e to get a lowball like that.

Itā€™s that letter between d and f.

1 Like

I did that. In April. I lost. Alot.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just checked their buyout and must correct my previous statement. I have incorrectly assessed the positive equity. It is closer to $3500 :slight_smile:

This is a SELL SELL SELL, then SELL again. These last 5-6 months of the lease term will be EXPENSIVE if they dont liquidate. It also obviously avoids the $350 dispo fee.

1 Like