So much for freedom of speech

The weirdest thing I have witnessed (daily) since his purchase is that Twitter is now on every local news station with the lead-in story (and is mentioned throughout). It is ridiculous when many vital things are occurring.

Also, I do not do the social media thing, but I follow stories here and there (because you find so much more in the form of news and information on SM than you do on actual television news). But Twitter was the platform no one cared about. An example is follower count – if you compare the majority who have Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc., accounts, the lowest number of followers (by far) has always been Twitter. But now, everyone wants to pretend they utilized it so much. I know people who are verified and extremely (i.e., too active) on other platforms which never post on Twitter. Some I know have not posted in years, but now they are complaining.

The final form of ridiculousness came when a local Bay Area news station opened their evening newscast with the revelation that Twitter (I believe) would not make a difference between legacy and subscription checkmarks. The anchors (who have blue checkmarks) were livid, rolling their eyes, etc. It was a pathetic display. Some have not tweeted anything in 3-6 years (Instagram and TikTok have daily posts) and do not tweet news-based information. But now, suddenly, the integrity of news is critical. Huh?

I have no opinion about Elon, but if these people who wanted to somehow feel superior due to a checkmark had an issue, they could have purchased Twitter.

Oh, wait.

This particular discussion was a topic on KNX News Radio locally. It’s like they read LH. :slight_smile:

They were focusing on how Elon keeps changing Twitter’s rules to suit his personal preferences.

He can do what he wants…, I think it’s pretending like he’s not is what is irking people.

1 Like

Oh what a sight to behold seeing those on the left change their tune. More power to Elon. No more compromise with these types. But hey at least all you smart educated voters get to vote GOP or DNC. See there is a choice. Vote harder while they make millions.

1 Like

From what I have read they were not merely banned for being critical of Musk. Reporters were temporary banned because their own tweets either linked to the Musk jet location twitter account and/or to articles about the individual who tracks his location and how he does it. Violating the same new doxxing terms of service.

3 Likes

What equity check?

Find Out Chalk GIF by The Undroppables

2 Likes

Another one. Can you pull your head out of your ass?

Did you even read the whole thread?

3 Likes

Shame to see so many people who were pro censorship just days ago being 100% upset with censorship when it applies to people they align with politically. See how that works?

And the fact that this thread exists… Strike that. The fact that this thread was started by the chief LH censor is comical. Is it irony or brazen hypocrisy?

3 Likes

Your main sensorship issue on LH is with LH mods. Try to see bigger picture.

If LH ever goes up for sale, I will strongly consider purchasing it.

(It would have to be once leasing makes sense again, but I am being completely serious)

Will a green check be $8?

2 Likes

No my main censorship issue on LH is that one side gets censored while the others do not. Yet here you are starting a thread whining about Elon doing literally the same thing you do here. And make no mistake, it’s not the LH mods who are guilty of this, it’s you. The shamelessness of this is actually laugh out loud funny so credit goes to you for adding entertainment value. But if we were to apply your granted privilege equitably, your entire thread would be landfilled.

Are you delusional or something? You are the definition of boy who cried wolf, starting a politically driven thread, then trying to silence people by saying it’s not about politics. Don’t believe your lyin eyes, right?

2 Likes

Here from the OP, for you:

Reading comprehension problem? I’ll help you. That means hiding Hunter’s laptop stories, also. Now, back to Elon banning users. No politics, just freedom of speech.

What?

I don’t align with… either side that are being censored here.

But if I was on record whining about Twitter censoring conservatives, I sure wouldn’t be publicly celebrating him censoring liberals.

But that’s only because I don’t want to look like an unprincipled hypocrite. Some people don’t care about that kind of stuff, I guess.

Who tf even knows what that means? Pretty sure that’s not English but sure, I have the reading comprehension problem. Assuming you didn’t mean to make it political, should we just ignore your other posts? I mean clearly you have an alert set for any time the current president’s name is mentioned so that you can push that shiny LF button. So how do you rationalize your post #7? Was that also meant to be apolitical? How about the multiple posts in your history where you reference the big bad orange man. Curious minds want to know.

Let’s do this again. If I was on record celebrating Twitter censoring conservatives, I sure wouldn’t be publicly crying afoul when he censors liberals. The logic works both ways and can be applied to both sides. Not saying you are one way or the other, just saying that I don’t lend much credence to either side crying or celebrating this when they were doing the exact opposite days ago. To me it’s an absolute non issue, but you have to admit, it is funny how it’s front page news when the liberal journos are the victims. Isn’t what’s good for the goose, good for the gander?

5 Likes

Old Twitter banning conservatives was about as shocking as Truth social banning liberals. That’s why it wasn’t front page news.

Musk wouldn’t be getting this backlash if he didn’t try to hide behind “free speech”… or maybe he would but he could rightfully say it’s a privately owned platform and he has the right to do whatever he wants. Which is true…. But he looks like a massive hypocrite and liar. Just sour grapes the people holding the banhammer were on the wrong side of the aisle.

1 Like

It wasn’t political and I made it clear, but reading comprehension again…

No different from multiple funny Biden meme’s.
P.S. who’s curious mind you refer to?

1 Like

Please wait infinite minutes between posts in this topic

driving john cusack GIF

3 Likes

Serious question- for what purpose would those banned journalists have to publish Musk’s geographic coordinates at any given time? You want to equate banning those who are advocating physical harm to him and his family to a liberal cabal working in conjunction with facets of the US govt to ban an entire ideology, because it poses an electoral threat to their chosen political party? It’s a false equivalence.

Oh sure you did. I must have missed the post where you made it clear. That darn reading comprehension problem again. Nevertheless thank you for starting this thread, it is far more effective at exposing your hypocrisy than I could have ever achieved with my previous topic.

2 Likes

So, the usual suspects turning another thread into a partisan and personal pissing match. And this was about Musk, of all people lol
We can’t even have a civil conversation about Twitter moderation.