So much for freedom of speech

If Twitter can be all over depending on who owns it, then what can be expected from LH mods? :grin:

8 Likes

“Cox Automotive acquires public car leasing forum LeaseHackr”

14 Likes
1 Like

Musk then tweeted that he would redo the poll because there were too many options, narrowing it to now or in seven days.

:grin:

Elon seems to like the run off style of polling after closer inspection.

Kinda dumb though, he should stick to his original statement on the matter and make the 7 day suspensions firm. They’ll live.

1 Like

If someone offers Michael and Victoria a huge amount of money for this site I hope they take it and ride off into the sunset in a couple new Porsche Taycans :slight_smile:

Musk didn’t want to buy Twitter in the first place but now that he owns it he wants to have fun. Except Twitter might be one of the least fun companies to run. Especially when you need to make it generate significant positive cash flow to service its debt.

So now he is stuck doing stupid stunts like this.

2 Likes

He’s been doing stupid stunts before Twitter.
This is a real fun stunt though :grin:

1 Like

$99 JPEGs, count me in for 45.

And on that note, I think I will see myself out before things go off the rails here.

4 Likes

If I had a penny for every time misunderstood freedom of speech laws…

7 Likes

There are no freedom of speech laws

Something something private company something.

In any case, they pushed on a sore spot and they found out which is why I wish he would just stick to the 7 day timeout that was prescribed.

He’s just inviting more people to try him by capitulating now.

2 Likes

It seems pretty simple for me that posting live user locations against their will in a centralized Twitter handle is doxxing and deserves suspension. I love all those people “oh so now I can’t tweet I saw x at the bar “ this is it what this is about.

And Elon changed his mind here that’s clear but he owns the joint and can do that.

I predict he mostly arrives to the same conclusions past Twitter managers did re shadowban etc with just a wider tolerance for divisive speech

1 Like

Also EU is garbage

2 Likes

Right. That’s why I said

So, I guess what I’m saying is there is no real freedom of speech since people set the limits/laws.
You may agree with Musk on doxxing and I may not, because his plane’s tracking is publicly available. Pretty sure it can be tracked on flightradar24.

2 Likes

Musk said he wants Twitter to adhere to freedom of speech principles past management never said that and freedom of speech doesn’t apply to private corporations although they should adhere to these principles given they are the modern public square.

I don’t think it can be tracked via fr24 and that is not an excuse why it should be public info rather fr24 should stop allowing it if Elon doesn’t want to be tracked.

1 Like

Words don’t matter, actions do.

I explained the actions, you haven’t explained why these should fall under “free speech”

I think I did

3 Likes

Explain why it should be ?