Snagged Tacoma SR Double-Cab 4x4 V6 for $88.97/month with $0 DAS (US Bank 24/10)

This guy…

Makes sense on the what they allow to residualize. On the MRM isn’t that based on the sale price not MSRP? Say you negotiate 2K off MSRP. Assuming the bank residualizes accessory X and Y for a total of $1500. Wouldn’t you still be fine because you are under MRM?

MRM, just like RV, is always based on MSRP.

What @Jon said, residual is always based on msrp, has nothing to do with the sales price, they want to cap the residual at a set amount, therefore they cap the msrp

Thanks for the insight. What is your role in the industry, if any? What is ALG?

Just use the search function. I’ve already covered both topics extensively.

Just look up www.alg.com

In fairness I had to google it as well. Essentially it’s the data source for many banks / captives and I assume several other users of that data.

Thanks! Anyone know if USBANK will allow month to month lease extensions and for how long? 6 months?

I’m an accountant and my wife is a nurse. The work I do doesn’t hold a candle to what she does. The amount of knowledge needed to get a nursing degree, let alone work as a nurse is 10 times what is needed in my position (I’m a controller at a not-for-profit). Throw in the fact that she’s on the front lines every day.

I think this pandemic is showing how truly important nurses and medical staff are to us as a society. Us finance guys are “non-essential” in times like these.

Thank you for the sacrifice you make for us.

2 Likes

I may just go out and get a $50K lottery ticket. And if I win, get a Tacoma. Seems like better odds than replicating the OP’s deal.

2 Likes

I think people miss the point here. A deal like this is a data point. It’s a target. Instead of focusing on the monthly payment people should be grinding for that selling price or as close to it as possible. From there the deal will work itself out with the rebate and program. Obviously things like tax rates, rules on how the lease is taxed, doc and registration fees are variables here, but at least YOU got the best deal that YOU could get with the available information at YOUR disposal. If you really want one of these, throw a few lines out to some dealers and see if you get a bite. Now that you know a good deal is almost 100% achievable , a great deal is possible with a little more effort , and a phenomenal deal has at least been attained once, it doesn’t hurt to try.

14 Likes

Not really relevant, because in two years they could say yes or no, nothing obligates them to keep the same policy

It shows the lack of knowledge about a lease transaction. If you ever just worried about the monthly that’s how you get fleeced.

1 Like

For all of the naysayers, I’m about to sign a deal early this week based upon this thread as my target. The deals are out there but will require some work. Lots of entitlement in this thread and no one owes you anything.

6 Likes

That’s amazing. Good Luck.

Key lesson is you have to do the hard legwork. Not just going to get it by posting 1 reply in a thread.

I love to read posts like this, love to see people get great deals. I hope many more can duplicate! :+1:

1 Like

That now makes a lot of sense. And I agree - most of my leases required considerable work. And to be honest, it overall is not worth the savings. But I like the personal process, so it’s hard to put a price on that.

1 Like

This is why we can’t have nice things. People will complaint and whine about it if they can’t get it. Sigh

Could a dealer work a deal say if you were teir 2 usbank and but the dealer thought you were tier1 originally and quoted u a rate at that could they teir bump you or take a discount off something else to allow you to keep the price at teir 1? If that makes sense cause it looks like it’s about 12/13 bucks a month between teirs

Dealers can request tier bumps from the bank

Depending on the F&I manager sometimes they save the favors for deals they’re making a lot of $ on

A $10-12 bump actually isn’t bad at all

If someone’s credit isn’t top tier, they should not expect the dealer to contribute any more discount to the selling price if it’s already a terrible deal for them.

2 Likes