Slowest EVs on the Market

8 seconds? :joy:

Right on par with the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander.

The EQS450 sedan performed like a lawn mower trying to pull a Caterpillar.

What other EV performance slugs are out there?

The RWD Ioniq 5 and Ioniq 6 are pretty slow too.

I think the ID.Buzz and RWD EV9 are gas SUV slow also.

PHEVs in pure EV mode are pretty slow also. I test drove the Outlander PHEV, RAV4 Prime, Prius Prime on the same day and pure EV mode was anemic compared to the hybrid/combined powertrain modes.

ICE SUVs are really slow too. They are way slower than whatever the paper 0-60 time is.

Iā€™ve got an EQB 300. Love it. Acceleration in terms of 0-60 doesnā€™t throw you back in your seat like some other EVs, but I do feel like it gives me enough acceleration when needed on the road. This is my first time getting a Mercedes. Iā€™ve been blown away by the quality interior, lack of road noise, and smooth ride. Great family car. Would I like it to be a little faster 0-60? Sure. Do I want it to be a sub-4 zero to sixty? No way.

3 Likes

I feel my RWD 5 is just as fast as most EVs.

All the yellow lights in my area are witnesses. :slight_smile:

the c40 and xc40 arent exactly quick

What are you talking about? Cayenne Turbo/GTS, Macan Turbo/GTS, SQ/RS8, Urus, DBX, AMG GLC/GLE, X6M, Bentayga, Stelvio Q4, Trackhawk, Hellcatā€¦

Slower than 0-60 times on paper as in testing and manufacturer numbers? If anything they are accurate or the other way around (as in conservative) when it comes to most testing/OEM numbers unless you are an idiot and canā€™t use simple launch control.

1 Like

PUT SOME RESPECT MY M-LITES! I DID NOT PAY 4.7K IN PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH FOR YOU TO DISREPECT ME LIKE THIS.

But seriously lol, you donā€™t even have to go top tier. the base X5 40i is 4.8 and the phev is 4.4.

2 Likes

Agreed!

People shouldnā€™t take ā€œadviceā€ from the ā€œTrusted Hackrā€ on this one for sure.

I thought you didnā€™t want the phev after watching my shit show. Good thing you got another stupid German v8

1 Like

I didnā€™t. I managed to get a great deal that I had to turn down lol V8 and 500 HP or bust!

the ioniq 5 awd can do sub 5s 0-60. not sure how that is ā€œslowā€.

RWD

10char.

They are slow compared to other RWD EVs and absolute slugs compared to AWD EVs.

Ohā€¦ ID.4 RWD is pretty slow too.

All EVs have quick 0 to 30 but the RWD EVs mentioned above kinda fall off quickly after 40-45mph.

I doubt you can actually achieve that

Why couldnā€™t he? Is this ā€œdataā€ based upon your own experience with and testing of the X5 40i and the phev?

BMW almost always understates their power. 2019 X5 40i is tested by car and driver to be at 4.9. BMW claims 5.3. 2024 should be better since its got 375 HP vs 335.

1 Like

Exactly. Just what I said above as for most manufacturers as well when it comes to understating those figures.

I must have also forgotten that @max_g was the Chief Test Editor for Car & Driver.

Bench racing is hilarious. You think youā€™re achieving that in your car?

@max_g -

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking and should just stop now while you are behind. Even the older G05, pre-LCI could do better stock than 4.9s and now you see mid-4s easy @ stock w/375hp.

2 Likes