SiriusXm radio promo

my opinion:

SiriusXM is a virus that is installed in many new cars/trucks.

Just try to get them to stop sending you stuff in the mail. I haven’t used SiriusXM since 2007.

They STILL send me stuff in the mail. I stopped calling them years ago, asking them nicely to please stop sending mail to my address.

I’ve changed addresses twice and they keep finding me.

SiriusXM can kiss my old entitled white ass!

2 Likes

The promos are nice starting points. When we drove and listened to XM more than we do now, I would call in with the intention to cancel every now and then. The calls usually end up as negotiations with the retention team. Had absolutely nothing to lose so it was really pushing the limits of getting the best possible deal.

You just made my day :laughing:.

2 Likes

One of the most annoying companies I have ever dealt with. Endless calls and emails. Almost as annoying as extended warranty scammers.

2 Likes

$5 a month is about right, to make matters worse, I have a very common name and somehow they merged my name with another vehicle owner of the same name, so I get twice the amount of spam. I told them once about the mix-up of course, it was never corrected.

I am still eating the meatloaf from the 2009 promotion. Worth every ounce of it.

Yes Mr John Smith. I assure you we picked the right one out of the 2,123,456 in the database.

A couple of the major streaming services (Spotify at the very least) let you download unlimited songs for temporary storage on your phone (as well as their customized playlists).

haha when there are more than 1 billion of us, there are bound to be some names that are the same :rofl:

Sure, but that requires me to preselect what I want to listen to, etc. Sometimes I feel like listening to something different or live radio etc

1 Like

I will add that when they say you need to call and cancel at the end of your subscription they mean business. Don’t just think that you’re free and clear and duh they forgot to turn off your radio and you’re getting service for nothing. The meter has been set back to full fare and starts running again and you are accruing charges. Even if they don’t have your cc info they will bill you then will turn it over to a collection company who will get ugly. Happened to my dad, who didn’t understand all this. I finally had to get involved and play the “my mom has Alzheimer’s” card (she does) and a nice collection lady forgave the bill. Before getting off the phone she warned me, Sirius means business - play by the rules.

Ah yes - The Columbia House business model…

columbia-house-record-club-300x212

6 Likes

This is how contracts work.

Both parties agree to terms and then both parties fulfill their obligations.

Or someone either gets mad or they get even.

Has anyone renewed at the $4.99 monthly rate recently?

I just went through chat and they wouldn’t budge from $5.99.

By the end of the chat (and after I said no a couple of times) the agent indirectly suggested checking closer to the expiration date (3/15/22).

Perhaps this is because I’m just outside of the final monthly cycle of the current plan.

Yeah you need to call them 10 days before it expires because their computer doesn’t let them update before hand.

2 Likes

This technically isn’t a redundant question:

If you’ve let your subscription expire, what kind of offers arrive afterward?

The car in question gets very limited use for about 10 days a month (and I have streaming with the subscription in my other car), which is why I can’t make myself squeeze out an extra $12 a year.

I received an email from them about my Jeep offering the 4.99 plan (paid up front) with an Echo Dot included. Since I will be driving more often thanks to a change of employer, I took them up on the offer. They send me stuff like that constantly for both cars and cars I don’t even own or lease. My dad took his Audi in for service and he was just given a new trial subscription on the spot without asking.

1 Like

Need to read more, thanks to your prompt I found a $5 + Echo Dot offer on Slickdeals:

I don’t know what in the hell I’m going to do with another Echo Dot. :smiley:

1 Like

I figured I might as well grab it at that price for one of the bedrooms or something. I have a Show in the kitchen, another dot in the living room. I have an old Tap speaker somewhere if I could ever find that one. I’ve got a 45 minute drive to work now instead of two hours door to door via train so I figured I’d put Sirius to good use in the car again finally.

This would be worth a try.

1 Like