Simplecar.co legit site?

“They lose money on every unit but make it up on volume”

That is the Uber model :wink:

That was my initial thought, but that’s kind of hard to do if they are really negotiating good deals.

It almost feels like a really elaborate identity theft scam. They promise good but realistic lease deals, then ask for your personal info for the dealer to run your credit…

1 Like

The site was registered on 2-20-2015. Private registration. It expires on 2-19-2018. There are no public archives of it.

The email address on the site has the simplecar.com domain (as opposed to .co extension). Registration information is also private. I find that odd. You do not see many legitimate businesses (of this supposed level) with private registration. Most have their company contact’s available to the public - especially in this space.

Personally, I would not be the guinea pig.

1 Like

Put together a nice 2017 340i M-Sport Package, 36 months, 10K miles.

$395 a month with $1000 due.

No. Way.

Go forward with it and see if any red flags pop up such as asking you to provide your SSN or trying to take the $1000 instead of directing you to the dealership for that.

I’m waiting for him to find me a red civic before I accept the offer. I will keep you all posted once I get the offer. If I don’t get offered a red by the weekend, I’ll accept the offer for the white civic and go from there. Fingers crossed!

Tried to price out an Infiniti Q50, but it’s only showing me 2015 and 2016 WTF LOL

.co stands for Colombia. “Narcos”, anyone? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I queued up a Lexus GS 350 and it came up as 2016.

1 Like

Seems like it is an old site that hasn’t done anything since last year. I did a request and haven’t got anything back.

1 Like

My quotes provided above were submitted earlier morning 2am-ish as well, and responses were received within 30min, which I thought was strange too.

I chatted w/ them yesterday afternoon, and received similar info to others about their operating model. I asked about how far a search they do from the zipcode provided and they said upwards of 50miles. Since the deals offered IMO for the Elantra, Santa Fe and G80 were horrible, I assumed they were automated from something local dealerships have posted somewhere. I’m in central NJ, and the Hyundai delaerships near me don’t deal agressively, so I chalked those quotes to coming from them.

I asked the chat person if I selected a different zipcode for the next query, might I get better rates and they said possibly. I told them I would be willing to drive up to 2hrs for a deal, so ~100 mile radius. I then resubmitted a new request for a Santa Fe using a zipcode some 60 miles away close to some Hyundai dealerships which have been more aggressive to forum members and funny thing is its been over 24hrs and no offers.

I’ll update the post if/when I get an offer to my new inquiry, hopefully it will be better, let’s see.

I also told them it would be good if their service asked how far a person was willing to travel for a deal so the search radius could be expanded and hopefully provide better offers.

The chat representative said that are actively looking for feedback to improve their service and offers.

So I’m going to test this out today and let you guys know if it’s actually legit. I accepted the offer for the white ex-t coupe manual for $190 a month $1000 drive off 36 months 12k miles. He sent me the location of the dealership. Let’s see if this works!

3 Likes

Please do keep us updated. Good luck.

Just to update, he sent me the address to the Honda dealership in Monrovia and told me he will give me the name of the salesman/manager to ask for when I get there to pull up the contract.

So they didn’t ask for any personal information from you at all? They just refer and that’s it? Odd.

Yeah, exactly what I thought. It’s not too far from me so it’s worth the try.

Huge discount if you’ll pick it up and drive it across the borders. We’ll even throw in a free service checkup as soon as you make it stateside.

2 Likes

Been waiting all day for the quotes.