SIGNED Volvo XC60 T6 MOM - $469/mo with tax $0 DAS 10 MSDs

First, thanks to everyone here who put up with three months of indecision. If it helps, my car friends got 1,000 times more grief during my Triennial Car Pon Farr.

Second, HUGE thanks to @Benedetto - I had given up on getting a Volvo because the SoCal dealers would NOT deal, and what I wanted was very specific (try finding a 2019 XC60 that was built in Sweden and not China, and of those 5 find the blue one with the black interior). If you are on the fence about hiring a broker: use Edmunds/advice here/the AMAZING calculator to know what kind of deal is possible, and if you canā€™t make a deal you can live with in that ballpark, hire a broker. I essentially paid 1 lease payment to save over $3,600 in payments on this lease - no brainer. Iā€™m using that savings to take it to my local dealer today for a Polestar tune ā€“ yes it canā€™t be residualized, we had enough trouble finding this car, Iā€™ll cover Polestar so sheā€™s her happiest for the next 36 months and 36k farts.

Now the deets:

2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Momentum - Premium, 20" Wheelz, Genuine Sweedish Moocow Leather
MSRP: $ 51,440
Monthly Payment: $ 469 with 7.75% tax
Drive-Off Amount: $ 0 (goose egg)
Multiple Security Deposit(s) (MSD): 10 = $5,000
Months: 36 (35 payments due, first rolled in)
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00081 before MSD / 0.00031 after MSD
Residual: $29,321
Incentives: $3000 T6 + $1000 lease from Volvo
Region: SoCal
Leasehackr Score: 10.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link: (off by $6 and I did add excess wear and tear at cost, but essentially this is the deal they structured)

6 Likes

Congrats! And couldnā€™t agree more with the help Edmunds and Leasehackr provides.

2 Likes

Nice jobā€¦and your effective payment is actually only $456šŸ˜

1 Like

33 farts per day every single day? You need to see a doctor. Congrats on the car, anyway.

2 Likes

Looks like at 33/day, it would be statistically on the high end.

2 Likes

Not if you eat beans!

1 Like

Boy my gut would give me a standing ovation if I could pump out 33 farts right now. Damn dehydration

1 Like

Well I guess, but death and taxes and all that. Frankly I wish San Diego would raise our taxes a bit and fix the roads here. I lived in Orange County for a year, where the sidewalks and streets were an A- anywhere else, and they were like ā€œNOPEā€ and tore them all up and redid them again. Unfortunately itā€™s one of the most boring places I ever lived, except maybe for Disneyland.

Move back east. Duh.

1 Like

Nope: 35 years there was plenty. Iā€™m on a plane to NY or DC every other week. Iā€™m glad to pay CA taxes to come home to paradise.

Right, paradise = east coast! :wink:

1 Like

:laughing::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::laughing:

Good one

1 Like

We ran into this when looking at Volvos last year. They said newer XC60s would be made in China or the US (I forgot which) but the older ones were in Sweden. How did you verify when looking for yours? I guess yours is pretty specific so itā€™s easier to just ask when inquiring?

1 Like

I checked the VIN on every one. L VINs are China, YV is Sweden. They do some assembly in Belgium too and US.

Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but from everything I read: Geelyā€™s plan was to build that giant new factory in China, to produce first year in Sweden/Belgium to work out details, and then move Production to China or US depending on model/demand/currency. The 2018 XC60s were mostly built in Sweden, the 2019 production moved to China, and then TRADE WARS happened. Every Volvo dealer I discussed with had a different story (most wrong) about what the deal was.

If you believe what the trades said about XC60 production being moved back to Sweden late spring, then they must have been swimming in Chinese ones still at ports. I was scanning on-ground inventory at US dealers for months. The only other Blue/Black XC60 of any trim I found in June/July with YV VIN was in Northern VA (outside DC). There were a few more with beige interiors that I wasnā€™t interested in.

If you want a non-Chinese one, the dealers are totally unhelpful. Could not order me a V60 nor XC60 (ordering was closed until it was too late), nor go get me an XC60 with a non L-VIN. Why I was ready to pull the trigger on an Outback.

1 Like

crap, that means I have to go back and look through all the VINs on my spreadsheet before reaching out. :smiley:
the columns iā€™m adding to my spreadsheet is growing. there seems to be more things ā€œI must haveā€ for only $10-15 more a month.

This Volvo China quality issue concern is a stereotype in your head and nothing more.

The only material difference will be the import tariff rate.

1 Like

of course itā€™s about perception.
In Japan and Korea, we would pay twice as much for the same electronics because it was made in Japan vs China or SE Asia because they would last longer.

Just a funny side story: my parents lived in China for a while and the Chinese workers would come in at night and build the same electronics with the US company parts and rebrand them.

2 Likes

I never said it had anything to do with quality. My parents have a 2019 XC60 built in China and they havenā€™t had any issues either.

By my count 98%+ on the ground (July-end) are Chinese. Once you get to the Swedish XC60s, your color and option choices are just a handful, and it will limit the dealers. If you want a hack deal, you prob canā€™t be choosy on final assembly. This is why I couldnā€™t residualize Polestar.