Safest Car in your opinion?

And your EU built XC60 must be 100% safer than exactly the same Chinese built, but 50% less safe than if it was US built. Right? :grin:

4 Likes

YV (Sweden-built) Volvos are the safest of all. If a classic Malibu parks within 2 spaces, it’s totaled. If a Volvo hits another Volvo, their logos smooch and come to a complete stop.

I’m glad every time I start mine I didn’t get one built in China, safe or not.

1 Like

The difference will not matter in a human’s lifespan, much less the ownership window of a Malibu.

What you said makes no sense. Are you sure yours is not built in Genk, Belgium, BTW?

1 Like

It will cause the sudden, unexpected end of 67-99/1,000,000 humans lives. The probability that is you is low, but it’s (many) someone(s).

Chevy sold close to 4M Malibus between 1996 and 2018. The average car on the road is 12 years old. Most of those Malibus (that aren’t in a junkyard because they imploded one day after the warranty ended) are on the road with their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th owner and as many pages on their CarFax.

I am not playing that lottery. No thank you. probably a million people are playing it every day. I hope they’re luckier than I am.

That’s deaths per million years of vehicle ownership.

Every second in a Malibu is longer than a million years. Lucky I was only renting the ones I drove.

2 Likes

I can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

The Malibu is a Cadillac in comparison to a Versa, so there’s that.

1 Like

I’ve heard it before, but what makes the S60 one of the safest out there exactly?

A long record of performing well in crash tests and accidents. And a commitment to death-proof cars by 2020.

Your sedan:

And the family:

If safety is a priority then consider the IIHS top safety picks on your short list. Lots of brands/choices.

I had a rear-end car accident in 2017 that led to a surgery last year (and probably one more this year), which was a large part of why I got an XC60 this time. Safe was at the top of my list.

Didn’t you get an s60 and pimp it out with after sale polestar tune?

XC60 and added Polestar yes. Safe and fast.

1 Like

My mistake. Idk why I thought S60

1 Like

I shopped all the Volvos before I landed on this one, easy mistake. Not like you rode in it yet.

Edit: reminds me that I want to get it Dyno’ed.

https://www.tesla.com/VehicleSafetyReport

That actually explains why they built AP into all Model3 and is now baked into the price. It’s actually very useful but statistically you’re less likely to collide with other objects the less often you cross intersections which just so happens to be AP’s forte.

In the past and up to 2019 models, usually Mercedes and Subaru have better safety scores than Volvo. Especially roof strength scores. This is according to IIHS.

S class has to be up there.

1 Like