SIGNED: Volvo XC60 Core Lease, $433/mth - Zero Down

Volvo, XC60 Core AWD
36mth / 7500 mi
MSRP: 50,155
Total dealer discount and Incentives: $12,628
(Included 500 Aplan, 1000 Costco, 1000 FWD to AWD Loyalty, 1000 Lease bonus)
Down payment: ZERO
Residual Value: $28,086.80
Money Factor: .00102 (adjusted to .00052 after MSD)
Max MSD: $4500
Trade In equity: $-2,100 (payoff $28,100 - appraised value $26,000)
DAS: $4933 (Max MSD and first payment)

Dealer fee: 899
Govt fees: 338
Acquisition fee: 995

Monthly payment: $433

My strategy was to get the dealer discount as low as possible before letting them know I had a couple more qualified discounts and that I wanted to trade in my current lease (due to large dents and excess milage) rather than using Volvo’s Pull Ahead program which only waives 6 payments and disposition fee. Any additional wear and tear and excess miles will be charged.

I couldn’t make the calculator match exactly. And the contract doesn’t match what I paid - Rebate shows zero on contract, I saw tax rate was 6.6% when I signed (but GA rate is 7%), Amount Due at Signing shows $7201.81 but I capitalized the taxes into monthly payments and only paid $4933 (see receipt). I don’t know how they manipulated these numbers. (or maybe I’m reading this contract wrong)

My calculator inputs

And my contract below
contract.pdf (591.1 KB)

6 Likes

*$2100 down

Your contract does not reflect this. It shows a MF of .00120 post-MSD.

This is much closer at capturing your lease contract: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

It looks to me like your trade had $2100 in positive equity rather than negative equity and rather than show it on the lease contract, they applied it to your due at signing.

Looks like this is for a 2021… Is that accurate?

That was the trade vehicle.

1 Like

@thevolvoguy please opine on the CSI survey forthcoming from this…

1 Like

GA TAVT was reduced to 6.6% in 2020

GA TAVT returned to 7% starting July ‘23.
See reference [here](https://dor.georgia.gov/document/document/mvd-2023-02-title-ad-valorem-tax-tavt-rate-changing-7-percent/download#:~:text=Title%20Ad%20Valorem%20Tax%20(TAVT,value%20of%20the%20motor%20vehicle.)

Its impressive how many GA county tax websites havent been updated to reflect that. For example: Tax Commissioner's Office | Cherokee County, Georgia

Is this on a 23 or 24? Massive discount for a non loaner.

I hear ya but there’s no way it was positive 2100$ in equity for this car. I had 2800 miles over (with 4 months left) and had two large dents on two doors. Got two estimates $4500 (non certified Volvo) and $9k (certified Volvo collision center).

r

The huge mf mark up theyre showing on the contract could have been used to offset the due at signing amount, but they definitely played some games with the trade then

Just curious. Why you did not sign new lease with 10k miles a year?

You’re really fine with a Core? No 360 camera, Pilot Assist, leather, etc.? To each their own. Ultimate only for me.

That being said, solid deal for a stripper with the negative equity.

1 Like

Valid question! I did the math and 9k ish of those miles were due to us extensive traveling one summer and commuting for work 100mi round trip. I work remotely now.

1 Like

The second I saw the dents on the current volvo, I knew this was a bad survey waiting to happen…

This thread / deal will wind up being like that one jerk-off over 2 years ago who got a 90 inscription for like 600 bucks w nothing due from one of my stores, and then all of the bottomfeeders started contacting them. All this while he wasnt told that his lease return was valued at $3500 and they gave him $0. Guy actually reached out to me (again) this week. He marked himself safe from any danger of buying anything though.

3 Likes

They def manipulated the numbers but we did get to $499/mth with .00102 MF before I walked into the dealership. That’s before I applied Costco, max MSD, and trade in officially. With the cal inputs, I knew it should be $433/mth ish (counting any errors I made on the cal). So seeing I ended with $433 and waived the negative equity car - That’s a win in my book!

OP posts contract with dealers name, a christmas to remember for that sales team.

2 Likes