Signed - M8 Convertible $159.1K - $1011 monthly (pre-tax) for 36/5 $3448 DAS ($1948 Net) NO MSDs

100% concur. I had/have the same concern. I’ve never seen them (FS) change the discounted per mile Buy rate during a lease term, but if they did even at the ‘turn-in’ rate of 30 cents - it’s still cheaper (or less expensive :neutral_face:) than locking in 7500 per year up front. My 2 cents - pun intended…:slightly_smiling_face:

Correct my i8 was about $20/mo cheaper paying for extra miles and doing 7500 miles on the term instead of 10k. When I decide to transfer I can always buy more miles for them if need be and add that into my price. 7500/yr does scare some people away. I imagine 5000 would be a dealbreaker. These aren’t Ferrari’s or lambos so 5000 miles a year isn’t nearly enough for most people. Especially once they get them and find themselves taking the “long way” home!

Jim,

Exactly what I was thinking and doing that would still make a stellar value for a lease assumption (if ever :slightly_smiling_face:).

It also allows for me to a la carte mileage costs at a cheaper rate for any ad hoc long road trips - which will probably happen with the M8.

I’m turning in my MY17 F-Type SVR Vert in 3 weeks (top 3 fun car ever for me) and I have done 11K miles in 32+ months - so that and previous ‘topless’ mileage experiences led to the 5K Option.

I’m safe either way and so would be anyone potentially assuming it in the future.

1 Like

I want one bc it’s faster and has actual storage. My i8 has none at all. And I doubt every stranger I see at stoplights, gas stations and stores will want to talk to me about it. Haha

I came seconds away from pushing the button on an i8 when they were giving them away late last year…I hedged for exactly the same reason - even with it being such a unique ride.

The SVR creates debates with my wife on who gets to put the bigger duffel bag in the boot.

With regards to the stop light scenario - I agree completely. It’s amazing how BMW, Jag, Audi and others create a body type/series that has a pricing ‘range’ of $80-100K within - depending on engine/version/etc…the BMW 8 series is a perfect reflection of that.

Amazing deal. What was the closest next deal for M8 Comp Convertible did you get?

Congrats! I just got the exact same car in Florida, 10k miles $1270 pre-tax, $0 das

@seb403
how much % off before incentives?

It’s in the original post - 24%

22.5% - 23% was where 3 other direct dealers were. This was the best deal I found. I imagine as the year progresses, there should continue to be aggressive pricing - especially on the remaining Launch cars.

that was meant for @seb403

I look forward to assuming this lease with the 3k incentive that you will throw in. Thanks in advance and drive it gently please.

Ps It’s a great deal that you negotiated for both of us.

2 Likes

@osiq Looks like I got 13% off as the sale price ($138,450), plus dealer paid my upfront costs and first payment (~$3000). I shipped it to Florida as well and rolled that into the lease ($700). A total of $21k incentives…

The car is an absolute monster!

Funny stuff…you never know . When I score a $174K M8 Comp at 30% off into a lease - she’s all yours :+1:

@surf2day this is an epic deal…congrats

And I agree with you on the miles debate…smart move and easy to buy more with BMWFS

Not only is the deal you posted incredible, I’m breath taken by your thorough breakdown of cost for additional miles. Your a certified hackr :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

FYI, I just got the same car and have confirmed its 27 cents per mile, not 23 for anyone who was looking at a similar deal

2 Likes

When did u get ur car and does it say 21k rebates on your contract ?

seb403 is absolutely correct…my M8 just showed up in my FS account. Discounted miles are @.27 on the M8 vs. .23 on my X3M Comp. First pics attached show X3M Comp at .30 if over at lease end - then .23 (7 cent discount) for discounted pre-purchase. On my pre-deal call, FS gave me incorrect data as they stated the discount would be the same as the X3M Comp - so my amended cost (If I did 22500 total to mimic a ‘7500’ mile per year lease) is $1068 pre-tax vs. the $1059 shown - or $300 total more over 36 months than my deal post stated. I am still smiling about an awesome non-MSD M8 deal, but regret that FS did misinform. There’s a 1st time for everything and my apologies to the forum members for not having the corrected extra $9 monthly shown in my original comparisons.

1 Like

Mani, we (seb403 and I) were within a couple of days of each other last week sourcing the Dravits at the same dealer with super similar deals. Here is a copy of mine showning the $21K.