Signed - M8 Convertible $159.1K - $1011 monthly (pre-tax) for 36/5 $3448 DAS ($1948 Net) NO MSDs

7/21 UPDATE - BMWCCA Rebate was applied for on 7/7 and approved same week. Rebate Check was received yesterday…2 week total turnaround so hopefully the rebate queue is getting getting shorter and more efficient.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: MY20, BMW, M8 Convertible

MSRP: $ 159,145
Monthly Payment: $1011 + 7% FL Monthly
Drive-Off Amount: $3448 (NET -$1948 after $1500 BMW CCA Rebate)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 5K
MF: .00118
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $3K Lease Loyalty
Region: Mid-Atlantic
Leasehackr Score: 13 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Will post

Signed Wednesday - Dravit/Silverstone $159,145 Launch Build - 24% Pre-Incentive discount. Did 5K option (unique to M8) due to personal historical convertible mileage usage. Nice monthly average savings vs. doing a 36/7.5 or 36/10 due to:

1. 2 and 3 Point Residual bump over 7.5K/10K - 57% vs 55%/54%

2. Purchasing mileage at 23 cents per mile through BMW FS is less average monthly $ than imbedding upfront in a higher mileage lease option.

Examples: 36/7.5 @ same discount - yields ~ roughly $1090 monthly + DAS + extra monthly tax difference vs. buying 2500 extra miles (if needed) annually @.23 from FS costs $575 or $48 extra monthly average over $1011 5K base - or $1059 ‘average’ payment. Similar savings vs. 10K annually. Not huge, but allows for super flexible mileage management.

Did not do MSDs - 7 would have lowered base payment to $930 - but $7K in MSDs might have possibly been an obstacle to a lease assumption downstream.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: MY20, BMW, M8 Convertible
MSRP: $ 159,145
Monthly Payment: $1011 + 7% FL Monthly
Drive-Off Amount: $3448 ($1948 after $1500 CCA Rebate)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 5K
MF: .00118
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $3K Lease
Region: Mid-Atlantic
Leasehackr Score: 13 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Will post

9 Likes

Unless you are never driving the car the issue won’t be MSD, but mileage when it comes to the assumption imo.

Great color combo! Enjoy it!

First congrats on the car!

I second the above post regarding lease assumption, the biggest barrier will be to find someone willing to takeover a car with an Aston Martinish mileage allowance, not MSDs.

Thanks so much! It arrived yesterday evening and I since I’m traveling I haven’t seen it in 3D yet. My wife took the pics after recovering from the surprise of not knowing it was coming :grimacing:.

Your assumption point is well taken…though to clarify, I didn’t choose the 5K annual mileage lease option anticipating doing a lease assumption. I found it to be awesome that BMW actually offered that option on the M8 Convertible.

With BMW - the 5K does not end up being a restriction though - in this case, it’s a better baseline for payments. That’s where BMW FS shines for lease value with the ability to buy ‘planned’ discounted mileage anytime during your lease term and have that cost be less than embedding it up front.

Maybe my comparison to the 7.5K annual mileage lease was not clear, but let’s say a person (assuming my lease) needed 10K average annually - that effectively adds for them $96 monthly (at 23 cents p/m) to the payment. That’s $1105 per month after on a $159K car - with minimal ($500) assumption dollars required.

Simply put, if you don’t need them - you don’t have to pay for them and if you do - they are a deal with BMW FS.

Isn’t it .30 a mile?
Congratulations too btw!

1 Like

You should almost always get the mileage you will be using upfront as it’s cheaper. I think your RV and mileage cost post-sale numbers are incorrect, thus making your calculations incorrect too.

Congratulations ! Great deal man, however after driving mine for 3 weeks, Im wishing I had chosen 12k option instead of 10k :rofl: but that’s just me. If your need is 5k then ofcourse 5k is good.

1 Like

It’s 23 cents if you buy them from FS at any time during lease term - up to the last day of the lease. It’s 30 cents if you turn it in without doing that.

I think it is 27 cents? It is a 3 cent discount…right?

I remember on the NSX it was actually better to pay for the miles after, but usually that is the case that you should pay upfront.

Have you confirmed that it’s $.23 to pre-pay for the M8? I know it’s $.23 to prepay when the post pay is $.25 on lower-end BMWs.

1 Like

Sorry - disagree. In this case, it is definitely savings buying extra 7500 miles @.23 compared to 7.5K lease if choosing that mileage option up front.

My way 22.5K miles cost $1059 (corrected to $1068 for pre-buy confirmed at .27 vs. .23) monthly. Doing an upfront 7.5K (22.5K total lease) is $1090’ ish - so almost $1200 savings over 3 years. Let me know what I’m missing. I am happy to restate, but by running the LH calculator - and comparing - the difference is clear.

I’ve done a dozen or so BMW leases and this is normally the case when the residual spread (2 points) allows the flexible discount mileage to be better than committing to a specific higher mileage.

I am happy to amend my findings if incorrect.

It’s .23 for current FS leases - shows that for my GT (10K annual) and X3M Comp (10K annual) as well. I confirmed same with FS for the M8 before signing.

1 Like

I did. Lease states 30 cents if turned in without prepay. M8 matches my GT and X3M leases - 30 cents at turn in or 23 cents discounted by buying on the FS Portal or calling them before lease end.

Are you sure the RV for 36/5k is 57%? I saw on Edmunds that they didn’t have the RV for 36/5k, but 36/7.5k was 55%. If it is a 2% RV spread instead of the usual 1%, then it is cheaper to buy the miles afterwards.

Mani - thanks! I see you have one of the ‘evil twins’ or in the case of the Dravit Launch cars - we have a couple of the 399+ that BMW produced.

Looks like you are in south Florida. Love to grab a coffee (or adult beverage if the Bars can ever serve again) and compare notes. I’m in Delray.

1 Like

It is…and very unique to the M8 and I think only the Convertible. I did not even know it until I looked at their lease offer on the BMW USA Portal and noticed it was a 5K offer. Clearly showed 57% residual there. So, I spoke with 4 dealers before doing the deal and they were not aware either and had to call and confirm with BMWFS.

The $1072 includes Florida monthly of 7%.

1 Like

Thanks Dan! I see you just made another couple very happy with their new M8 as well :+1:

1 Like

Heheh, “evil twins” indeed. I couldn’t wait for 1200 miles break in so took it to my friend at bmw and got it unlocked at 700 miles.
Would love to meet up some day for sure. Im in Miami so drive up would be fun.

1 Like

baller stuff congrats

1 Like

Yup confirmed that its 57%. Its a new program exclusively for M8. Doing 5k miles that is.

Additionally, there was definitely a time where i8 roadsters were cheaper to do 7.5k miles and add miles later, so BMW does have those weird cases sometimes :wink:

His numbers seem sound although I am concerned about 23 cents being the usual going rate for additional miles.

1 Like